Friday, September 17, 2010

Day #8 - Teachers

Today I am grateful for the teachers in my life. There are so many...

My career is in Real Estate. I work in the Relocation industry and help people sell and buy homes when they are asked by their employer to move to another state. It is very rewarding in many ways and I really do love my job.

One of the reasons I am qualified to do the job I do is that I earned my real estate license over 10 years ago. I am required to get 18 hours of Continuing Education credits every two years to keep my license active. Unfortunately, I tend to procrastinate until the eleventh hour to get these requirements met, so this month I have to attend many classes.

So far I have attended 9 hours of classes in the last week. One class was about Ethics in Real Estate. I was so impressed with the instructors LOVE of Ethics that I left the class wanting to be a better person. He was so passionate about his subject and made me feel that it was not only my DUTY to be an ethical Realtor, but my RIGHT and my PRIVILEGE to assist both my clients and other Realtors to be Ethical in every transaction I participate in.

I like to think of myself as a natural student. I am a sponge that takes in information and then I keep what works for me and leave behind what doesn't. The one thing that is constant in my life of learning is the teacher. If the teacher is prepared, knowledgeable and passionate about their subject, I will give a lot of thought to the message before I decide to accept or reject it.

It is so obvious to a student, whether school, church, work, etc. when the teacher is prepared and knowledgeable about a subject. When I attend a church meeting I can tell (or fancy I can tell) whether the individual spent time on a talk/lesson and when I am at the office, it is obvious if a meeting was thoughtfully prepared or quickly thrown together.

The teachers in my life always seem to manifest similar attributes...they all enjoy/appreciate their subject matter, they exhibit an extensive knowledge of the subject being taught and they care if the student is receiving their message. If my teacher is super enthusiastic about his/her message - it translates to the lesson and helps me to understand their point of view.

There are many teachers in my life. Literal teachers at school, teachers in religious/spiritual matters, friends that teach me in everyday life, close family members that teach me many life lessons both good and bad, my clients and co-workers are teachers and I am also my own teacher. Every day contains a lesson, whether it be good or bad, that we choose to learn from.

Thank you to the MANY teachers in my life!

I Am Grateful,
HB

2 comments:

  1. Thank you teacher....I feel that I was just instructed in the fine arts of teaching and receiving. Thank you Sinsae. Domo Oragato. I am just being funny, but serious to. I liked it. I am going to go be taught Pilates right now. Your posts are always informative.....as in I come away smarter. I have something to apply to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hug, I can honestly say that I learn SOOOOOO MUCH from you... ALWAYS! I have told Golden over and over how much I love how intuitive you are! I love to hear you talk about dif situations and you pick up immediately where the person is coming from, what they are talking about, and you always have the words to explain!!!! I feel that you have a really special gift of knowing peoples authenticity, and tapping into what they deserve to hear from you. (that's right, I said deserve :))

    ReplyDelete