Monday, September 27, 2010

Day #18 - Stretchier

This weekend I went to my friends 40th B-Day party. It was at a club and we danced a lot. I'm not normally a dancer and we haven't been to a club for quite a while so today I am pretty sore. Every time I get up it is a journey in de-cramping the calves and glutes...The Electric Slide really took it out of me...that's right, they are still playing that oldie but goodie...oh brother.

Then at work I got a new chair because the one I used to have got caught under my desk over a long holiday week and it has been crooked for months. I was so used to it that when I sat in other peoples chairs that were straight, it was uncomfortable. I finally decided I was not doing myself any service by training my back to be crooked.

Tonight I sat on the floor and stretched for 30 minutes. My back cracked and the muscles loosened up and it felt G-O-O-O-O-D!!

Thinking about stretching I remember when several of my siblings and I took a self-improvement course a few years ago and a BIG part of that class involved figurative stretching. It was awful in a lot of ways because stepping outside of my comfort zone is...well, uncomfortable. During the course of those few weeks, I learned so much from all the challenges we faced and the best part was knowing what I CAN be and do if only I stretch myself just a little more then is comfortable.

I think about it sometimes. It is so easy to become complacent; not to worry about going the extra mile, looking the other way, not saying or doing anything to rock the boat. I will be more mindful of this over the next few days and try to stretch more often to get the cramps out!

I Am Grateful,
HB

4 comments:

  1. Yes, this is a hard and a good thing to do. It is so easy to put it on cruise control and just go through the motions.

    I feel like I am stretching a little right now. At least I am a little uncomfortable, it seems like a very pathetic reason to be self conscious. I keep wanting to go in and change out my spiritual post. Everything to this point has been frivolous, funny, La-Deee -Daaaa. Whatever, but now that I posted something a little more serious, heart felt I feel very awkward and vulnerable. Am I being crazy?? Do I feel like I am bragging or something? I can't pin point what it is. Is that post over the top? Should I even care? Help me therapist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt exactly the same way, probably for different reasons, when I did my post about my boss and the flowers. Yes, you are being crazy and sensitive because you feel like you might be judged. It is totally normal to feel sensitive when you put yourself out there in a vulnerable place.

    I think I told you about Olivia Jewels didn't I..."No one is thinking about you, because they are all thinking about themselves, just like you". That is what is going on here...with both of us. Let's agree to stop overthinking things. This is OUR BLOG - we can write whatever we want and whatever we feel. Nothing is right or wrong (unless it is illegal and in that case I will be obligated to report you if Tina doesn't do it first). :)

    Your Biggest Fan,
    HB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm a little late in my comments but for sure want in on this one.. I think about it a lot! I feel like it's super easy for me to let this go here, and then there, and pretty soon I'm too much in my head to get out at all. I know that's why this blog is good for me, and thanks to the two of you for the encouragement. Min I also feel the same, but its so freeing to get out whatever you wanna say! Like Hug was talking about Debi, It's the so sweet to let it out with out judgment... Just let it BE what it is and loving it!

    ReplyDelete