Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day #7 - Anticipation

No play on words in today's title. I really am grateful for Anticipation...

We are preparing to go on a trip on October 14th to visit Minnesota. Matt, one of our best friends and one of the best people I have had the pleasure to know, is from MN. Matt is a Vikings fan and we are going back there to watch a professional football game with him and his girlfriend Kim.

The VERY best person I know, my husband Travis of course, is a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, who will also be visiting the fair City of Minneapolis at the same time. That's right...Cowboys vs. Vikings...should be a good game.

Our friend is also moving to Boston for good at the end of September. He has been traveling back and forth for a few months, so it has not seemed real to us. Now the time grows closer and the move is inevitable. We will really miss him and his girlfriend. As much as I want to, and in fact do, believe we will remain close, we all know things change because they have to. Nothing really stays the same and it is not supposed to...how else are we to learn and grow if we aren't forced out of our comfort zones once in a while?

So, it is with bitter sweet feelings that I anticipate the fun packed weekend in October. We will be staying by the Mall of America (Kim swears it is AMAZING) and will ride the train in and out of the City. We will visit Matt's brother, whom we have met on his visits here and whom we also adore, meet his brother's family and hang out with his hometown friends...OH..AND watch the big game. We get to look forward to this event for a whole month.

Anticipation is ALL around us ALL the time. Just yesterday I was anticipating the weekend. Heck, sometimes I anticipate retirement :) I anticipate weekend visits to the library. I anticipate seeing wildlife in my yard. I anticipate finishing my chores on Saturday and sinking into a hot bath knowing my house smells and looks clean and then spending the evening with my husband and our good friends while we still can. And I know tomorrow I can anticipate seeing a comment from my sisters on my blog (hint) and know that I get to learn a little bit more about them as well.

I Am Grateful,
HB


We will miss you Matt and Kim



3 comments:

  1. You pick great words. I love anticipation to. I am anticipating McCauley's birthday party today after school. You can anticipate some sweet blog photos after. You go to your library every weekend? I love our library to. I have signed up as a volunteer now that the kids are in school. Haven't gotten a call back yet though. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hug I anticipate coming up to your house one of these days and watching football w/you guys! I also anticipate that I will get my blog going today... or at least soon. I got my name, now just need to not be so chicken and post my blog! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the LIBRARY!! There is a new book that I am going to get tomorrow about being a Librarian. I looked at it last time and didn't get it, but I have thought about it since, so I must be more interested then I thought. I think it is called something like "super librarian woman" or something. It is fiction, but it sounds funny.

    My Talking Head??? SWEET. I had to do 3 posts to be sure I was ready to share and then I just shared with the one person I knew would not judge me and would be proud of me. I knew this because she was just as nervous to do her first blog as I was and I was SUPER proud of her for putting herself out there. Thanks M.

    Keri - We will both be so excited to read your blog...please start!! HB

    ReplyDelete