Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day #16 - Sunshine

It is a beautiful day here in Park City, UT. I love it when the sun is shining and the air is a little bit crisp. The sun is shining bright today in a blue sky and the leaves on the trees are beginning to glow. My dog and cat LOVE to sleep in a puddle of sunlight. I like to look at them stretched out in the spotlight on the stairs, eyes shut and a small smile on their faces - I swear they do smile. Sometimes I take a minute to lay down next to them and absorb the warmth coming through the window and it does make me want to stretch and purr just like they do. I will try to get a photo to post next time I see it.

Practically speaking, the sun has many functions. The leaves change color because the shorter days and less sunlight in the fall along with the changing temperatures. The sun is a great source of vitamin D which helps absorb calcium, increases immune system, etc. We've all heard that sunshine helps with resistance to depression and it is hard to feel bad when lifting your face up to the sun. I read somewhere recently that it is good to expose your eyes to sunlight each day - the tissue under the eyes absorbs the light. I don't mean you should stare at the sun, but maybe give your eyes a minute to absorb the light instead of always wearing sunglasses. I have also read that getting enough sun helps with sleep.

I also love to work in the yard or just hand water the flowers with the sun shining down on me. Then there are the sunsets. I have seen some beautiful sunrises as well, especially in the spring. All those beautiful colors in the sky, including rainbows, would not be possible without sunlight.

It is just so beautiful today, I had to give the sunshine its due.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Sunrise here in Summit Park.


2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. Is it taken from your deck? What is that building? Was this taken for your post? I love any pictures you and Ker throw my way, I would love it if you would give your pics a bit more air time.....I like to know the when and where of them.

    Have a big day a head of me....the annual primary program, then a double portion of sharing time. Looking forward to it, but mostly will be relieved when it is over and done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo was taken from the breakfast deck (off the kitchen) and the building is my neighbors house. Hope your primary program went well. HB

    ReplyDelete