Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day #17 - Sunday Night Football

We just said Good Night to the Welch Family (Keri, Golden & Seerie). They came up this afternoon to watch football and eat dinner with us. There is something festive about sitting and enjoying the game with good friends and/or family.

The best part of this football night was 3 of the 4 of us are participating in a pro-pick'ems football league. It adds an element of importance to who wins every game when there is something on the line even if it is something as minor as 3 points. It is funny when the game is close, the ball is on the 5 yard line and the opposing team stops them from scoring or an important field goal is missed and half the room groans and the other half cheers.

I don't really enjoy watching football myself, but when there is so much interesting distraction AND football I do like spending the time watching a game. Travis would like it if I would show more interest in games and sometimes I try, but then I just fall asleep so what is the point.

I did get a few photos to post:
Travis and Seerie Bird
 Golden and Keri
 Too Cute for Words...

It was a fun night and the lasagna wasn't half bad either.

I Am Grateful,
HB

1 comment:

  1. Nice one. Great pics. Sounds like a lot of fun. Yes, me and football are not best buddies either. Kev always trys to get me in with the gang also. I try, I need to. It is more something I enjoy having on in the back ground. Maybe watching in between hands of canasta or something. Maybe I just need to try a little harder.

    ReplyDelete