Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day #355 - Sleepy Head

Last night I was reading downstairs and at 10:00 p.m. I thought, "I should go upstairs, do my blog real quick and go to bed by 11"...next thing I know, I wake up in the chair at 12:30 p.m. I was sooooo FURIOUS that I fell asleep in the stinking chair. I mean, if I am going to go to bed, I should be horizontal snoring Travis awake!!!

I am experiencing the same thing this evening...I got distracted by "words w/friends" but now I think I shall go to bed and get up and go to work early tomorrow.

Before I go, here is a question for you to answer..."What do you do when you get what you asked for?"

What do you mean Heather? Why is it even a question? I am not talking about "I want a million dollars" either -duh, I would just put it in the bank and relentlessly spend it. I am talking more about the "be careful what you wish for" type of wanting...Just think about it...then give me your answer.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: “When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.” Oscar Wilde

3 comments:

  1. Surprised.

    The other day I brought it on in a big way.....V and I were beach running, somehow we got off onto her telling me of two times lately when she had had shelves in their home come crashing down because the shelf braces were not strong enough....one in particular that made me cringe was the one in her pantry, it was full of glass jars and breakables.

    I thought in my head, and said out loud, OMGoodness, I could not stand that. How horrible, what a waste. What a waste of time and money. How annoying, and stupid and dumb....most of this went on in my mind. But in the end, I said out loud, talking up to Heaven, please don't test me in this area....thank you, but please allow me to sit this one out, I am good.

    No sooner had the words come out of my mouth, than later that night, R and E were bringing the bathroom door back in from the garage where I had painted it, turned it sideways in the kitchen, when the full length heavy mirror on the back slid off and crashed to the floor. Shattering into a gazillion pieces. The sound was enormous.... Scared me out of my mind.....should have heard my blood curdling scream.

    I was like.....man, you asked for this by acting like you couldn't handle such a situation. I put out a challenge, and was taken up on it. So now, instead of, not painting the back of the door because of our beloved mirror...I got to clean it, repair it and paint it. Next, now there is no floor length mirror....miss it!! In addition, we have the added bonus of the seven years bad luck thing.

    So, all in all. B. A. D.

    When I get what I ask for, good and bad, I am always amazed.

    Why, what about you? What did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...we saw on facebook there had been a mirror tragedy in your household. I can't talk about mine yet...ooooooooo, very mysterious. LOL. HB

    ReplyDelete