Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day #351 - Oscar the...Moose?

My parents are so darn cute. We went up to my parents house to celebrate my Dad's Birthday and they told me they had a Birthday present for me...huh? My Birthday is not until March. They explained that Dad has his surgery (hip replacement) just before my B-Day so they are celebrating early. It was strange from the get go because:

A) They don't really do Birthday presents anymore
B) It is REALLY far away from my Birthday (keep telling yourself that old lady)
C) They don't do Birthday presents...

Anyway, the suspense kept building and I began to worry that I might not react correctly when I got my mysterious gift since so much was being made of it...how can I not react to this big guy?


Yes, that is right, a life size stuffed moose...color me surprised...color the nieces a bit jealous...


Aren't they soooo adorable? Oscar liked the attention. We brought him home and sat him in a new, used chair we recently acquired. He has been there ever since unless a friend comes over and then I make them sit on the couch with Oscar. LOL.

At first it was sort of creepy to walk into the room and notice him out of the corner of my eye w/a little start..."Oh, it is just you Oscar". And in case you are wondering, he came with that name, courtesy of Mom, and I LOVE it!!

Bottom line, it was super nice to have my parents think of me enough to splurge on Oscar. I'm not at all sure what to do with him, but for now, he will await the visit of the princess nieces in his royal chair.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Hey Rockie, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat." Bullwinkle

3 comments:

  1. Yowsa! Can't you just picture mom and dad seeing this at the store....ohhhhhh wouldn't it be fun to get this for Huggie? Yessssssss, should we do it? Let's do it. Won't she be surprised? This will be so much fun! Then driving home with Oscar in their back seat.....
    Well, congrats my lady. You are the envy of all the nieces....now you are the aunt with the giant moose.
    He's cool!! Nice one mom and dad!!! Just a little hint for my up and coming b- day......I am really into full size DISHWASHERS.....just putting it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just remembering, so you've gone from full sized bears, to mooses....huh. He looks so cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting...that is just how I pictured it happening. Only the true story is they Ohhhhh'd and talked it over, LEFT the store and then Dad went BACK in to purchase it...Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete