Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day #350 - Good or Bad Idea???

A few nights ago I was whining to Travis again about losing weight and how I am such a failure...blah, blah, blah...on and on. I told him I was thinking I would go to this trainer my friend has sent a bunch of family and friends to; apparently he inspires accountability.

Travis vocally and adamantly exclaimed that if I would just let him help me, he could be my own trainer. ALWAYS in the past I have balked at the idea for the simple reason that I don't like Trav telling me what to do - it is irritating and I often take his comments as judgement and criticism instead of in the spirit it is intended. The other night hit me in a different way for some reason.

Why not? Why not have Travis come up with meal plans? My biggest downfall, ok one of my biggest, is usually dinner. I can eat perfectly all day and then get home and Trav and I will not find common ground in grilled chicken and broccoli. I have done the, "you take care of you, I'll take care of me" thing, which will work for a week or so, but it is not a long term solution for us. Suddenly I can see a solution in asking, and trusting, Travis to plan healthful dinner menus.

We will start our new plan tomorrow including a morning trip to the gym. I think I will deal with my own exercise plan for now - I fear Trav would have me on the spin bike for 2 hours :) - but I feel I may welcome more assistance in that avenue if the meal thing goes well. Just tonight we had cookies before we started making dinner and he said, "Eat up 'cause tomorrow I am on you like glue"...sigh...hopefully we don't need marriage counseling after this adventure...lol.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "As I ramble through life, whatever be my goal, I will unfortunately always keep my eye upon the doughnut and not upon the whole." Wendy Wasserstein

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea! Be a team....he has your best interest at heart. You have his back, he has yours. What better trainer could you have then to have him at your disposal at all times. You can check in when you are feeling weak and tempted....the price is right!!! I can be your back up supporter....!! I am excited...DO IT!!! Say yes to the plan. Whooohooo!!! I wish I had a personal meal planner!! I wish I had one other person in the house hold that had a scrap of desire to eat something healthy w/out being forced.

    ReplyDelete