Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day #353 - OY...I forgot about that...

My inner thighs KILL!!! I did the hip sled at the gym the other day and rocked some mighty fine weights...I now walk like a duck...may have overdone it. Isn't it weird how it hurts worse on the 2nd day? Why is that? The day of, your muscles just feel tired, day after? a bit sore, day 2...burn baby burn. Give yourself those extra 5 seconds to stand up out of your office chair.

Tomorrow I think Trav is going to make me ride the stationary bike...barf. I did tell him I would do what he wants, within reason, and this seems reasonable so I'll do it and I hope my legs will loosen up a bit.

Things at the office are certainly picking up speed again...I knew it was coming, I expected it to get here quickly and I always think I'll be better prepared for it than the year before, but it always just gets big real fast and I am just along for the ride and will do the best that I can.

The main thing I have realized this week? No matter how great my intentions are, I will not be going to the gym after work...it is just not feasible; when things get super busy at work I end up needing to stay past 5 p.m. to get to a stopping point. If I go later than that to the gym, it creates issues with dinner. I need to go in the morning w/Trav no matter how tired I am or how seriously I talk myself into going at night...I just need to do it in the morning...so I will.

I wish this post actually had a point - I am just so distracted by the thighs I can't think of writing about anything else!! :)

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Aerobics: a series of strenuous exercises which help convert fats, sugars, and starches into aches, pains, and cramps." Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. Yes.....the morning! Has to be. No matter what....you will never regret getting that work out in, no matter how hard it was to get there and get started...but you will always regret NOT getting it in. It is worth every effort.
    The burn, I love it....it hurts, but it is funny and enjoyable to know that your muscles have been broken down and are building back stronger, and better. If I have a workout and the next day, or two after I feel nothing.....bummer city....I know I did not work hard or long enough. Feeling your muscles change and improve is the name of the game my friend. This too shall pass and you can move into the next burn.
    What is the hip sled????? Maybe our gym has it.
    Have a good bike ride sista!! Sweat puddles!!!

    ReplyDelete