Friday, February 17, 2012

Day #349 - Good Morning Sunshine

I have been rather lazy in my posts...sometimes it seems difficult to find something to write about that hasn't already been covered. Other times I find I have several items to share. I am determined to stick with it and be more diligent in zoning back in on the purpose of this whole blog - being grateful every day for something. Only 16 more posts and I will have a years worth (only took about 2 years to get there)...I haven't decided what I will do after that...

Today I am grateful for waking up to a morning hug. I LOVE hugs...it is what I do. I have no trouble hugging a complete stranger, I love hugging my family members and I LOVE hugging Travis. My nic name, for those who don't know, is "Huggie". My family calls me "Hug", Seerie calls me "Aunt Guggie", my Mom and Dad call me "Huggie". I don't really know why I got the name, but I don't mind it and I do treasure a good hug.

Most mornings Travis wakes up before I do...OK ALL mornings. The normal course of things is, he will get up and make some noise, leave the bathroom light on and the door open as he heads downstairs making sure I have at least stirred. Then he turns the TV on and lets me slowly wake up to make my way down to join him. I am not one of those people that sits right up and hops out of bed...I usually take a good half hour to work my way up to it. This is not a satisfactory way to wake up really, but it is what it is and I can only do the "jump out of bed" thing if I have prepared myself for it the night before and have intention behind it.

This last week Travis has woken up and on his way out the door has stopped by my side of the bed and given me a hug saying, "Good Morning". I have LOVED waking up like this. Perhaps I think he did it on impulse the first day and when he realized it cut about 15 minutes off my usual wake up time kept it up, but I will flatter myself and say perhaps he likes waking me up that way as well.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "A hug delights and warms and charms, that must be why God gave us arms."
~Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Gooooooood stuff!!!! That guy does have some nice surprises up his sleeve from time to time doesn't he?

    You are Kevin in our relationship.....he takes a great deal of time to wake up. I am the pop upper. I have a hard time understanding the staying in bed hitting snooze people...i.e. you and K. Kev for years will ask me to get him up at a certain time....I am happy to oblige, then he will stay in bed another half hour trying to wake up. Finally, I have learned to just do what I have been asked, and then it is in his hands.....I "SURRENDERed" it, like I should have done in the first place. He is a big boy.
    Believe me I have tried it. I wanted to want to stay in bed.....but being awake and in bed in the a.m. does not do anything for me. I am just laying there knowing all that I could be doing if I was out-a-that thing. Maybe I am type A or something, maybe A.D.D.? Who knows, who cares, point being, we are all different.....that is what is so dang special.

    I LOVE being a recipient of your hugs!!!

    Love you! HB huggy

    ReplyDelete