Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day #354 - Bart Snuggle

Bart and I have a morning ritual. I get up, slowly, get ready to wander downstairs and then I get to snuggle my puppy before we get going for the day. I like to think of it like Bart's morning hug. He usually waits around for me to wake up before he follows Trav downstairs. My boy is not a morning dog...he takes after me in this way. 


I don't have an actual snuggle photo, but I pretty much tuck his head under my chin and wrap both arms around him and vigorously rub his tummy and back. When I pull away he usually stretches real good and then flips to his opposite side and we repeat...I love this ritual because he is still sleepy and lazy...he is so cute.

Since we decided to let Bart sleep with us at night (I keep telling myself we won't let our next dog) he would just jump up until a few years ago. Now he is 14 and can't make the leap. Trav would get up in the night and lift him up when he would cry while I slept thru the noise. Then I found these steps...it was probably the best $18 I've ever spent.


The look a bit dingy in this photo don't they? He will climb up to the 3rd step and maneuver until he has both feet on the top step and then jump to the bed from there. It really does save us a lot of up and downs during the night even though they may be tacky. Yes, I know photos of the bed without a bed skirt also looks terrible, but I HATE bed skirts.


Anyway, I just love the morning snuggle with Bart and thought I would mention it here. I am so glad Bart is still with us. I keep thinking "this is it, his last year" and then he rallies and continues to hang around.


Good Boy Bart.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” Josh Billings

3 comments:

  1. Who wouldn't want a wonderful little guy like Bart? I love the snuggle ritual. I bet he is so happy, and feels so loved. The steps are great. Who sees them but you? I think they look perfect. They serve an important need. Hey, but why do you hate bed skirts? I used to also....until I found a solution to my biggest problem with them. So, talk to me goose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like how they bunch up when sheets go on the bed. I don't like how they get all wonkie and you have to fix them all the time. I don't like how sometimes they get caught in the vacuum...I just don't like them. My plan is to make an extra long bed spread, but so far I have not been motivated enough to make it happen. What is the solution?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - I want to challenge you to try again, get your bed skirt in place, before you (and Trav) set the top mattress back on, SAFETY PIN the four corners where you want them to stay in place. It just takes effort one time. I have had no problem with ours since. I am a fan because it makes your bed look complete and finished. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete