Monday, January 2, 2012

Day #329 - HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012

Trav and I had been invited to a neighborhood party this year, but decided to spend a quiet night at home instead...until about 9:30 p.m. and then we decided to head over to the party. I am glad we were only there for a few hours, but it was fun to bring in the new year with friends. I knew a lot of the people from our neighbors, but a few I knew from the same party last year. It was funny to reconnect, doing the "hey, I remember you" thing.


On Sunday Trav had invited my Brother's family up to watch a football game. Dallas is Trav's team and the Giants are my nephew Seth's favorite team; whoever won would go to the playoffs and the loser's season would be over. We ended up preparing stew, a recipe I got from one of those "send a recipe to 20 people" things, and fried pickles and jalapenos using the deep fryer Trav's Mom gave us for Christmas last year. I think they turned out really good. Mel brought up some delicious bread and goodies and it was fun to catch up with everyone.


I have to say Dallas did not pull it out this time...sorry babe.

I haven't written out any New Year's Resolutions this year - I feel a little flat in the inspiration department. This does not mean I don't have goals, but it is frustrating to have the same goals every year, make headway and then taper off knowing the same things will come up for me again and again. Sigh, time just marches on regardless.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL 2012 - there is no reason it can't be the best year yet...unless the world ends!! :)

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." Edith Lovejoy Pierce

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a "delicious" time. Can't wait to make the stew my self. Fried pickles....curious. Resolutions, I hear ya. I am working on a few things, really it is just taking the challenge with my family to read the Book of Mormon in 100 days. Our new bishop put the challenge out so we are going for it. I am kind of excited about that. I have been a little lax in the scripture reading department, I needed a little kick in the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you interested in printing your blog out? I am...I am going to start researching that. I would like to print last years out and keep it as a fun journal. Your would be cool to have printed as well. Holler if you know anyone who has already done this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun time. Dallas is also Tory's team. He was disappointed they lost. But there is always next year right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. M - I don't know anyone who has done it. For a while I was copying my blog posts into a word document since this is a journal of sorts for me, but I stopped a long time ago. If you figure out an easy way, let me know.

    L - I suppose there is always next year. I would never say it is good our team lost, but it certainly makes things a tiny bit less stressful on game day when they aren't playing...:) Don't tell Tory or Travis I said that...they might not understand. HB

    ReplyDelete