Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day #333 - NOEL

I wanted to post about this several week ago, but I had to get confirmation on a few things before I could justify moving forward.

I love getting the Christmas/Holiday cards from friends and family. It is nice to know you have been thought of...this should encourage me to send out cards each year, but I can never quite get it done. I think I could if I prepared a list of address labels that could be printed each year, but that is not something I have managed to do so far...def on the agenda.

Well, one day I received a rather large envelope. Inside I found a hand made, cross-stitched ornament:


I was a bit taken aback because I didn't recognize the giver's name. I had an idea, but the last name didn't match the name I knew the sender by and I wasn't positive of the address and I couldn't IMAGINE I would be on the list to receive such a lovely gift from the giver, etc.

I would sit looking at my tree at night and stare at that ornament...wondering and wondering who this person was. Trav originally thought it was my old High School friends sister, but why would she send me an ornament...I resisted the idea and even tried to investigate through DexOnline, etc. Finally, one day after I exclaimed over it again, Trav suggested I just call my old friend and ask...DUH.

I did call...and all was confirmed. I asked my friend why she didn't put her name on the card...she said, "Well, because I didn't make the ornament". Oh. I asked my friend why her sister's last name is different than hers. "Well, because she changed it 10 years ago." Oh. Christmas Mystery SOLVED.

I just want to say how much I loved receiving this heart felt gift in the mail. I used to do cross stitching in the past and know these types of things take several hours to complete...I am so happy I was the recipient of one of them.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The greatest gift is a portion of thyself.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. We got one too. Isn't it beautiful!! I feel lucky to be on her list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I want in on that list! Was it Amy Pasco? Just taking a stab.....neat gift.

    ReplyDelete