Friday, January 6, 2012

Day #331 - BINGO was his Namo...


Yep, we are baby sitting again. This time my sister Amy's new dog while she is in Florida running for her life...well, running her first marathon with our sister Melissa. I am very excited for them both. I know they will finish strong and all their hard training and sacrifice will pay off. I am SUPER stoked to hear/read about it.

Anyway, Bingo is a DARLING little guy. I will say he is needy and wants to be close to us most of the time. Right now he has scooted under my knees and is sitting on my feet. This morning I went to the kitchen for a glass of water and he so quickly sat on the rug next to my feet I didn't notice him and almost tripped. It is like a little shadow following me around. So far we have had one major barf in the kennel, 2 pees and 0 poops in the house...all in all, not too bad.

The last puppy and Bingo have both peed on Trav's watch...I told him he must be the worst puppy sitter of all time...that did not go over well. Not two minutes later I look down and Bingo is chewing away on my new slippers Debi gave me for Christmas...Trav just smirked.

Tomorrow I plan to work with Bingo on the leash for a bit. The leash is "THE DEVIL" - at least that is what Bingo thinks. I remember a time when Bart felt the same way, now it is the best thing in the whole world; It is a special reward. The other thing we have had a struggle with is getting the dog INTO the kennel at night...can't use the leash, can't push him in, can't trick him in...but, surprisingly, once we got him in there, he didn't make a peep ALL night. I was impressed.

I know this is a long post for a dog, but the other CRAZY thing...the cat doesn't mind him at all and he pretty much ignores her. He will look at her if she meows or something and might notice her lurking around, but he has not tried to engage the cat at all - I think it may be due to the bunnies and chickens he lives with in his yard back home.

INSTEAD, Bart is constantly growling at Bingo and has gone in for the attack a few times...what the heck? Can't we all just get along?? Bingo has been a total angel with Bart...he doesn't even jump on him or try very hard to play; poor guy just walks by or looks around the corner to see what we are up to and gets Old Man Bart up in his grill...I think things are starting to cool down, but I am trying to pay close attention.

Very happy to have Bingo visiting...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "If you get to thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around."  ~Will Rogers

2 comments:

  1. Bye Bye Bingo.....kinda sad for you and Trav? Now I don't get the Pee on the watch comment. Is the watch on his wrist when the peeing occurs? Is the said watch on the ground? A night stand? How did your leash work pan out? Is Bingo on more friendly terms with it now?

    Black dogs just aren't that photogenic are they? Hard to see the detail of those little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - On Trav's "Look Out" - he was watching the dog...I can see how that might be confusing. It ended up storming the day I was going to work with him on the leash, so it didn't pan out. Black dogs are harder to photograph, but the problem with Bingo was he wouldn't hold still, so I had to take what I could get. Ya gotta love the big hair ball next to him...that was probably from my dog - I have started calling him the wookie (sp?)...he needs a trim REALLY bad.

    ReplyDelete