Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day #330 - Sibling Luncheon

Yesterday, all my siblings met for lunch one last time before Melissa headed back to Florida this morning. I was sitting there at Jason's Deli and suddenly realized "hey, we are all here". It is so amazing, and wonderful, that we all like each other. I feel so much gratitude when I hear someone tell me they haven't spoken with their brother for years or they can't stand to be around their sister and are so thankful she moved out of state so she doesn't have to be dealt with, etc.

How are we so blessed? Are we just lucky there hasn't been some blow out? Some unforgivable heartbreak? I hope not.

Since I neglected to take a photo at lunch, I went looking through my old family calendar pages to find a specific picture we all took to give to Mom and Dad for Christmas one year. I didn't find it in the calendar pages and then I remembered we did their scrapbooks the year after this photo and then we continued each year with the calendars to update the scrapbook each year after that.

Just thumbing through the pages of the calendars of old I realized we have had some REALLY great times together. These pages also reflect many life changes for a lot of us, although only the good times are captured in the calendar, the images serve as a reminder of the shadow times as well.

I like to think the base of love and acceptance our parents gave us is what keeps us close today; maybe also some accountability for our own issues and feelings. It is hard to imagine NOT loving one of my brothers or sisters. It is hard to imagine they could ever do or say anything that would not be forgivable. I am grateful for this certainty and blessing in my life.

Check out this photo - Josie (the baby girl in front) is now 16 years old to give you perspective.


The spouses of the time are also in this photo - Trav and I square in the middle, my brother Jason to the right w/his hand on wife Melanie, little sister Keri next to Mel and baby bro Chuck behind her next to Jason. To my left is my sister Melissa w/her hand on husband Kevin and next to Kevin is my sister Amy and above her is husband Lance. The two babes are Melissa's Ethan and Jason's Josie.

Mom and Dad loved this photo - one of our best Sibling efforts to please the parents.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The great gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you.  ~Kendall Hailey

1 comment:

  1. I really love that quote. It is crazy that we didn't get a photo. INSANITY. It was fun seeing you HB. We do have a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete