Monday, October 1, 2012

Day #63 - Mind Set

What about mind set? Well, it is only the single most important skill you can develop in your whole life...according to my boss.

When I have thought of mind set in the past, I would think of it as a "state of being", but I can now see it as a "skill" to be developed. I have been doing my best to develop a mind set of gratitude and abundance over the last few years via this blog and, for the most part, I tend to remain in a more positive frame of mind or can shift quickly when I get down. In the course of our meeting today it was discussed how to develop skills by practicing and how mind set is no different than learning to play the piano or basketball - you must practice.

When you were in grade school, do you remember having fire drills? What happened when the fire alarm went off? I remember lining up in single file and following our teacher out to a designated spot where she would take role. It was kind of funny to look back and remember how we were conditioned and trained not to panic, to remain calm, to know where we should end up, not to leave once we were there and accounted for, etc. all while wondering if this time the alarm was a drill or if there was a real fire.

The same holds true for developing good mind set skills and maintaining a good mind set "in case of a fire". Three of the main things my boss talked about as training tools were:'

1: Daily Affirmations
2: Journalling
3: Monitor what you put in your head (TV/Books/Music/CD's, etc.)

I think these things all speak for themselves and need no expansion. There is a whole other list of additional ideas and things that improve mindset (i.e. meditating, diet, exercise, creating a schedule, clarity and purpose, etc.), but really I think starting with a few new things will help me continue on the path to a positive, successful mindset.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "If you find yourself easily provoked, then just change the channel.” -- Toba Beta

1 comment: