Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day #62 - B-day post #2

WOW - I have been absent for a bit...here are the final photos for the 40th B-day party:



We had a lovely night. I took a hint from my sister and tried to decorate a little for the occasion and Trav and I smoked a beef brisket on the new smoker for 10 hours...it turned out tough, but the pork ended up delicious. We also made a sauce with 1.5 cups cider vinegar & mustard in it and it was DELICIOUS!! I thought it would be yucky, but it was yummy. We just made some ribs tonight and they turned out AMAZING and we smoked some chicken breasts the other night and they were to DIE for!! I think that smoker was a good buy.

One thing I want to say about the B-day night...I am so glad my brothers and sisters are our friends. This party was just meant to be a friends party and there were no people I wanted to have there more than my brothers and sisters and I know Trav feels the same way. AND...for the record...it was Amy's idea to put M&M's up our noses.

I love you all - thank you for coming and supporting Travis on a landmark Birthday!!

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." - Father Larry Lorenzoni

3 comments:

  1. What's funny about the M&M pic is the girl who took it for us got really anxious really fast. "Is there something in your nose?" Then she told us her daughter had to be taken to the hospital when she stuck a blue bead up her nose and couldn't get it out!
    Ouch!
    Dana trouble makers. Too bad K and G were camping, M I know you know I heard something about your family! Maybe getting closer to coming out to more of these occasions???!!?
    J had to up one and put a grape in his second nostril. Gross who does that?
    That was a fun night.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I could definitely do with out the m&m nose thing. Waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy over that. I think you guys are too classy for that.

    Aim, don't get your hopes up. Just trying to start dropping some hints and plugs. Now if we knew Lance wanted to drive for us or something.....well, that would be something to consider.

    Your decorations do look like a page out of my book.....PERFECT!

    That smoker sounds interesting.....you and Trav are definitely getting your monies worth.

    Fun night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will beleive it when I see it on the move thing...and NO WAY are we too classy for a few missplaced grapes...:)

    ReplyDelete