Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day #67 - Rough Week Man

I have been having a rather rough week...only in some respects, but what I realize is the reason I am getting challenged is that things are going well. The more closings we have on the line, the more issues will come up.

I also realize I have a long way to go in the patience arena. Today I had one of those impatient flare ups I tend to have when I get super frustrated. The worst part, when this happens to me, is it is usually over something very minor.

Today my email stopped receiving messages. For some reason I would get them on my phone, but not in my outlook. I asked the IT guy for assistance and he said "call the help desk"..."which help desk"..."the email help desk"...this went back and forth several times and my temper spiked. I "held back" but my version of holding back can be pretty obviously cold and nothing really gets hidden in my expression (unfortunately). I eventually got the number I needed and got the problem handled relatively easily, but I just get so frustrated when I feel brushed off. Don't you?

Travis calls me a prima donna when I act like this...Nick from work laughed at me and told me to "put my big girl pants on and buck up". I just wish I had a better handle on my immediate reactions because I typically can move past something like this very quickly if I have a few minutes to think it through. What I wish I had said to my IT guy is "I would really appreciate it if you would help me locate the correct number to call." That is all I really needed and my feedback to him would be to have the numbers handy for when people come to him with questions. I am used to just doing the job I was hired to do and have, in the past, relied solely on others to assist me with the technical aspects of my job. Unfortunately for me, this is not his problem...it is mine, and I need to adjust. The help desk actually works very well and every time I have called it, which hasn't been often, I have gotten exactly what I need in a very quick and efficient manner.

In the end, guess what the huge problem was? I needed to hit the "send/receive" button on my outlook to refresh it. GEEZ - sure glad I overreacted.

I Am Grateful - even for the repeat lessons,
HB

Diva Quote: "If you bring nothing but drama to the table, don't be surprised if everyone else gets up and leaves." unknown

3 comments:

  1. Calm down girl! You don,t want people, as in family, to tell you "sounds just like mom!" I probably over use ;,"?!, but that's OK
    Dad and I leave on our trip to california in the morning. See you again on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh mom.....you are commenting on HB's blog....I thought all "Anonymous" comments were Aim. You threw me off lady. Why don't you blow my mind and comment on mine?.....guess I need to get on and make a post. Hope you have a good trip.

    Yes, lame, but like you said, lesson learned again. Have definitely been there, we all have.

    Keep Calm and Carry on.....as every one and their dog now says : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOM - How fun to see a comment from you!! It took me back a bit to see it as well. I decided long ago that the more I am like my Mom...the better, so bring it on! Love you both. HB

    ReplyDelete