Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day #45 - Happy Happy

Last Saturday when we were up North at the Eagle Scout project my niece Josie asked Travis and I if she could come over for a BBQ on the 28th..."SURE"...how sweet that she would want to come up AND that she would ask. I didn't realize until yesterday it was actually her B-Day today...I was pretty amazed she'd want to hang with family on her 17th Birthday.

Happy Birthday JOSIE DANA!!


Before they came to my house they went to the zip line at the Olympic Park in Park City. They all said they had a fun time were only nervous until the door opened and they zoomed out onto the line. Josie brought her boyfriend Josh with her as well. We all really like him; he will be leaving to serve an LDS Mission to Fort Lauderdale, FL in September...I remember those days well - saying 'good bye', sending packages, writing letters & better yet receiving letters...such a long time ago.

Here are a few other photos:




Ah Family...Gotta love 'em. THANKS for coming to our home and celebrating your day with us Josie - it meant a lot to us. I am so proud of Josie - she has done so much in her short life; she has been on two service vacations (that's what I call it) to foreign countries, she is in the process of getting her CNR (is that right? Certified Nurse something) to complete an internship at Huntsman Cancer Institute to pay for a scholarship and she really seems to have a good head on her shoulders. She has a bright future ahead of her & it is thrilling to watch her grow up.

Incidentally, thanks to the family calendar, I realized it is also Melissa and Kevin's 19th wedding Anniversary today...I hope I get to read a good story about how wonderful it was...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: My sister shared my Dad's words on his feelings about service - I don't want to lose them in the comments, so share them here:

"The way I see it is all we have is time, and that time is very precious, but you could give of yourself- every minute of every day, and you would yet remain an unprofitable servant...The more you give... God just gives you more, you can never get on top of it." Dad Dana

4 comments:

  1. That is Awesome that she chose to hang with you guys on her big night....pretty great compliment! What I want to know is who brought or made those sweet looking cup cakes??

    It is CNA - Certified Nurses Assistant. That is what I was for a long time....weren't you also? You worked at Heritage Convalescent Center to didn't you? Maybe I am making that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed your footsteps there my friend, but opted out on changing Diapies.... I was a cook at Heritage when I met Lance.

    Josie is an awesome Young Adult. I love that sometimes I get to do her eyebrows and lashes. She definetly has a good head on her shoulders. A great tribute to Mel and our awesome big Brother!
    (Elle loves... REALLY loves Josh!, If Josie doesn't end up marrying that fella, I know a little lady that will get in line!) YIKES!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is Awesome! Elle is a funny one.

    Oh yeah.....it was YOU Amy! Good ole Heritage. Man I was so happy to leave that place. I am sorry....but I was really relieved.

    I love getting emails when you guys comment. Life is good.....I just installed the easy button on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also had the CNA designation (I'd totally forgotten until you wrote that - DUH) and worked at Heritage...for 2 weeks. I found I did not have the emotional capacity to do what had to be done day to day. I am having a hard time putting it into words, but I was constantly near tears and it didn't matter if I was holding a hand or changing a diaper, I couldn't get through one day without being emotionally drained at the end. Needless to say I immediately got super sick (the last time I ever had strep throat) and then decided it was not my gig. What a whimp!! I admire those that have both the compassion AND the fortitude to do a job that required skill, service, toughness and love to perform well. Nice Job M.

    I also now remember Amy being a cook...Didn't you meet our once roommate Suzy there? It is all coming back to me...

    ReplyDelete