Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day #42 - Look Up...

Eagle project day at the Dana's house. Seth Dana got a bunch of people organized to do some trail maintenance in Kaysville. The trail he picked is one Travis, Jason, Mel and fam have utilized many times over the years. They did some badly needed grooming and widening of the much used trail.

When I found out about it I was planning to go help, but I was basically told my job was to go keep Mom, Keri and Amy company...geez twist my arm. Travis ended up being one of the team leaders and I think he had a good time hanging out with the kids he was supervising (his nieces Josie and Abby among them). I guess it was pretty hard work, but Travis said he was proud of how hard all the kids worked and he himself got a huge blister on his hand.

I think the funniest thing that occurred was Golden came away with a bunch of burs in his leg hair and dad had a few on his head that Keri had to cut out...whoops. Travis told Golden he should shaved his legs like he does for biking to avoid unnecessary burr action. Too little too late I am afraid.

I was super proud of Seth. He did a good job getting the group organized, laying out the instructions, setting up the groups and their assignments and seeing the project through. I hope I get the chance to read his written report about the project as well.

Soon we will have 2 Eagle Scouts in our collection of Nephews!! Way to go Ethan & Seth!!!
I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." Vince Lombardi

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! I didn't know he was even working on it yet. That is great to hear. We will have to follow up with Seth and get a few more details. Love the burr action.... would not love personally being involved, but it is a pretty funny highlight to recall about the event.
    Thanks for the recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family is full of people who will work and sweat and just grind it out for you!! So glad to be a part of it- not the work and sweat and grind- the FAMILY! (I sheepishly used the "3 kid card" excuse that day). But will admit I did miss that feeling of tired, sweaty, dirty VICTORY! That can only come from getting involved!
    A

    ReplyDelete