Friday, July 6, 2012

Day #34 - Happy 4th Y'all

My friend Amy Pascoe came to Utah for a visit...she just finished school and is a Registered Nurse working in the ER of a hospital in South Carolina. She told a few stories and all I can say is..."good for you - I am glad someone can stomach the work".

Today we went to lunch with the mother-of-the-year (truly such a good Mom and such great kids), aka 'other friend Lori' and caught up on each other's lives a bit, made fun of each other, laughed loudly and made plans to meet somewhere in exactly 2 years for a girls trip to celebrate our old advanced age of 40 year old. We told Karen, Amy's sister, she could come if she wants to chaperon us young 'uns (she is only a few years old than us, but why wouldn't we bug her about that?).


These ladies are two of my 3 best friends from high school. Truly, they were my saving grace and the best part is, we have stayed good friends for the last 20 years. We all ended up in different places and doing very different things, but we still care deeply about each other and I am so glad the friendship still feels strong after so many years.

Here is a picture with Karen, Amy's older sister. This is the Karen that gave me that amazing Christmas ornament this past year. I will say this about Karen - she is such a good sport. We hassled her pretty good while she was here, all in good fun, of course, and she took it like a pro. I loved hearing about her life, the stories she has written and her ambitions to go back to school - why not? I hope she goes back to be a geologist like she thinks about doing...go for it!!

I just want my girls (that includes YOU Karen) to know we are going on a trip for our 40th year. We have 2 years to save our trip nest egg...get crackin' so we can meet up somewhere cool...!! Love you guys - I will be thinking of you, Amy & Karen, as you make the drive back to South Carolina.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "A friend is someone who will bail you out of jail. A best friend is the one sitting next to you saying, "Boy, was that fun." The Maugles

3 comments:

  1. Cool! So where are you guys? Looks like a fun restaurant. I think it is great you ladies are planning something amazing for your 40th. Go big!!! It is a wonderful time and you will love it.

    Friends add a wonderful facet to life, that is for sure. You are a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Crown Burger...Amy loves it and there is no crown burger where she is from, so we had to go there. HB

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL is right. but I like that place also....no wonder it looked a little familiar.

    ReplyDelete