Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day #40 - Random Old Clothes

The other day I was cleaning out some shelves to do a DI run to donate some clothes I no longer wear that have just been taking up space in my closet, when I came across some black capri pants I totally forgot I own. "Hey...I remember you guys...huh..."

It is that same great feeling you get when you find a $20 dollar bill in that jacket you wore last Spring...It isn't like they are the best pants of the century, or even my favorite pants, neither is twenty bucks a Ben Franklin, but it still feels like getting away with something sneaky or winning a raffle at the fair.

I can't believe how many clothes just hang in my closet being unused...there were 3 shirts I never wore and was too unorganized to return, that have been in my closet for 3 years now. There is another shirt that I love the idea of wearing, but it hangs funny, so I don't wear it. I would have put that in the DI pile, but I think I can talk my sister Amy into making it into a decorative pillow...it has lots of ruffles on it.

Then there are those things I just can't bring myself to throw away...3 pairs of ratty slippers (resisted, but finally relented), a black shirt that has lost 2 buttons and has several snags in it, but I still love that shirt and convinced myself it can be repaired, a skirt that has 2 holes down the sides that I also convince myself CAN be fixed, but the fabric is a fragile over skirt that is shear and will most likely not hang right if I try to sew it up, a few white t-shirts I believe can be saved and that weird spot will come out if I only believe hard enough...we can only try.

I guess I am not really sure what the point is of this post, but I do know I am happy I found those pants.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Impossible only means that you haven't found the solution yet." unknown

4 comments:

  1. I'd love the ruffled shirt and will reuse it in some way as you suspected! Also I'm totally on the lookout now for buttons! If you find clothes beyond repair (or too accidentally bleached to feel comfortable giving as a hand me down. Why have I ever bought anything but color safe bleach? As laundry is not one of my strong points??)-- send those babies my way please!
    Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So - are you saying you want all our old clothes to use for your dolls? Duh, of course that is a GREAT idea! I will bring them to you on Saturday when we are in town. I even have a bunch of buttons that I have saved over the years...was thinking a while back about why I can't seem to throw them away...might.need.buttons...I'll bring those to you as well. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you rock and it will be good to see you!
    xoxo A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, great ideas.....fabric and supplies are all around you (us) rip those old stained clothes to shreds and use them for new improved goodies.

    Congrats on the pant find. I lost a beloved pair of pants a while back, only the difference was that I KNEW I lost them. It was such a mystery. I redid my closet twice trying to find them. Racked my brain on several occasions....what would I have done with them? Then finally. finally.....I used the other side of my brain, walked in and sifted through a few pairs of Kevin's jeans, and happily shaking my head, pulled out my long lost pants. What took me so long to do something so obvious?? Oh well, it was a fun reunion with these guys as well.

    ReplyDelete