Monday, July 9, 2012

Day #36 - Listen

So...fun fact (at least for me); my husband now has a love of the book on CD...AHHHH FINALLY. I love how he wants to talk about what is happening, but he can't because I haven't read it (listened to it) yet. I don't have a problem with 'spoilers' (I like to read the last 5 pages of most books), but he insists I have to wait. We will see.

Tonight I mentioned an agent in my office and he perked up, repeating the agents name as a question. "Yes, that is right" I tell him. "That is the guys name in the book". "No it's not." "Yes, it is...I am pretty sure." Apparently, the book I picked for him at the library on Saturday is action packed and good so far (1 day in). I love it. Now he can feel my pain of having all that excitement built up and wanting to share it with someone. I guess that is why there are book clubs, or friends with similar tastes in reading.

When I was on my way to the library to exchange our books I asked if he wanted to come and pick out his next 'read'. Originally he said yes, but then he told me part of the fun is having me bring him back a surprise. I think I believe him and it makes me happy standing in the MP3 isle reading action adventures deciding which he might like best..."Killer Summer" "Watchman" "Sentry" "Locked and Loaded" "Pride and Prejudice"...hmmm, maybe not...LOL.

Anyway, if you can't read it, listen to it...pretty great stuff.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: ""Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." -  Ambrose Bierce


2 comments:

  1. Most excellent! Great commonality to have. K and I are there with reading....he loves cd's also, mostly when we are all in the car, like our last road trip.
    I was really thrilled when I finally convinced K to read Atlas Shrugged. He drug his feet forever, but then when he finally read it he LOVED it...he re-read it immediately after......the book is forever long as you know. Anyway, it was fun to discus and talk about and stand on common ground. I am looking forward to our next "common" book. We both did The Magic.....not the same as a novel, but excellent to be on the same page about.
    Great D Quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW he would love Les Mes...Mom has read it and we should ask her about it. I want to read it before I see the movie. Travis took me to the musical when we first got married (it was a birthday present I think)...I BAWLED so hard, such a good story. I know there is a condensed version of the book, but I'm going to try to read the full version...I start it next week.

    ReplyDelete