Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day #374 - On the Road Again...

Tomorrow night I am getting on a plane to go visit my friend Debi. I am not looking forward to the flight one bit, such a hassle, but I am certainly looking forward to a great weekend w/my friend. When I get back to town I will only have 2 days left at my current job.

It seems very strange to be wrapping things up. I haven't said a word to my transferee's and I hear myself talking in future tense and I flinch a bit knowing I won't be here any longer. My replacement has been training with me for the last two days and she is going to do a great job. Carrie is SUPER organized and a list master. She is probably going to make me look bad by constantly having updates in the correct tracking systems...oh well, we all have our own ways of doing things and our own strengths.

As my new job looms ever closer I am beginning to get nervous and have started doubting myself...NOT my decision because it is definitely time for a change up for me, but I keep wondering if I'll be able to do what I think I can. I know it is normal to be nervous, but I am both anxious to get going and dreading my start date.

This is the perfect time to take a minute out of this hectic transition period to visit my friend since we have both been in this business for years. I can't wait to run ideas by her, get her input, chat in general about this upcoming opportunity and just reconnect.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "You can't wring your hands and roll up your sleeves at the same time."  ~Pat Schroeder

2 comments:

  1. Only two days left?? OH MAN! I know I'm going to miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsa!! It is gettin real around there. Glad you are getting your trip in. Sounds super fun. I look forward to hearing about it. TWO DAYS!!! ok, maybe that is not helpful......

    ReplyDelete