Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day #1 - New Focus

I am not sure about the new blog background (too busy?), but I am sure about my new focus. This does not mean I won't still follow my old gratitude theme as well, but I have certainly been learning a lot lately and I really do believe we get more out of life when paying attention. Besides, it seems we are continually given the same lessons in life until we learn them...why not nip those duplicates in the bud?

The reason I have been avoiding putting this up is I am still unclear how to pinpoint and then write about the dailies (daily lesson's). It is easy to pinpoint the days lesson when something big happens, but it is harder to see all the little things and then make them worth writing about...

Right now I am working on reading "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. I thought we already owned the book and remember starting, but not finishing the book. When my new boss mentioned it in passing at one of the interviews, I thought I should pick it up and read it thru to perhaps gain some insight into his methodology. What I discovered is, I have been subconsciously utilizing some of the principles first mentioned in the book...

As I think back over the last few years, I know I have had a great DESIRE to make a shift in my job - NOT because I didn't like it, more because I was stuck doing the same things for several years and needed to stretch my brain and abilities in a new direction OR in a different way. To be true, I also felt I had reached the top of my pay range for my position/job title within the company I was working for and felt there was not much growth potential in that area either.

I did several things over the last 2 years that I believe lead directly to this new opportunity and my readiness to accept it and move forward...I talked to my boss, I talked to the regional boss about my desire to gain more experience and grow my career and I applied for various openings within the company and was always told "you do not have the experience we are looking for". I also put it out there to the Universe (i.e. prayer) that I was ready to take something new on..."bring it" I would say, "I am ready to act". I did not get an immediate answer, but when I did get the call, I was ready to begin considering my options.

I am looking forward to continuing the book...I bet I will continue to see my situation in the words and also bet I will learn many new theories to put into practice.

I Am STILL Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will.”  ~Vernon Howard

3 comments:

  1. WOWSA! ShaZam! POW! I like the new direction/coupled with your gratitude. The love of learning is going to be awesome!! I have started a new book as well, excited to fill you in. Remember "The Secret"? the same author has written "The Magic".....lame title, but the gist of it is focused entirely on gratitude. I am loving it. K actually got us both a copy which I thought was a fantastic surprise.

    The back ground will take some getting used to.... It is pretty wild.....but if YOU love it....go with it. OK - I really dislike it a lot. It is really distracting. But still, I bet it could grow on me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so I love the new background!! Maybe because I love all the tulips that are blooming everywhere right now. (Everywhere but my yard. :( Although I have decided that I will plant tulips this fall so next year I can enjoy their beauty in my own yard. :) ) And maybe because I have always wanted to go to Holland. Good luck on the new job. That must be very exciting and maybe a little scary too. :) I know you will do well. You are such a fun and creative person you will do fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori - Good to hear from you again. I did pick this background for the flowers - I am going to change it for the Seasons..."Welcome Spring!!"

    ReplyDelete