Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day #372 - Rock Star

Rock's LOVE ME!!! I am a rock magnet...well, my car is anyway.

My poor car...it is only just over 2 years old and has 55,000 miles on it, I have backed it into a pole, closed the garage door on it 3 times (only once was my bad, Trav gets credit for the others), fixed it up pretty again, got a rock chip repair contract for the windshield (which has been used 4 times until the last rock flew and caused an immediate run through the middle) and just yesterday I found out the fog light has been shattered by a flying rock and another dent is evident in the hood...most likely yet another rock.

Oy - all I can say is "Poor Baby" - and not in a sarcastic way. What is it with Rocks and Parley's Canyon? Travis had his new car for less than a month and his windshield has an almost identical split in it, just like mine.

If I really am somehow attracting all this Rocky attention, I would like to find a way to stop calling forth all those mega hits to my poor vehicle. Surely the universe can arrange a reprieve...if not for me then for my poor vehicle?? She's got enough to worry about just lugging me up and down the canyon everyday without worrying about dodging all those rocks...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too. So while you point your fingers someone else is judging you.” Bob Marley

1 comment:

  1. Hey Babe, goes with the mountainous territory. Part of the cost of living in your beloved Park City. Just as the salt spray dammage goes with our beach side living. We have gone through numerous air handlers, rusted through several outdoor grills, mowers, etc. It is so hard on everything. I feel your pain.

    Rock on Sista!!!

    ReplyDelete