Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day #3 - Wednesday's Child

Today I went to my Mom's house to meet w/my sister's to get some help picking out some fabric for a new bedspread...when you can't find the perfect bedspread, might as well make it yourself.

My Brother Jason and his wife Mel were there and Amy had left her youngest (2.5 years??) at the house w/Mom and Dad for a few hours before we were to meet. I was doing my best to coax a smile out of Elle when she pulled out her binky and stuck her tongue out at me. She DID smile after that showing her big dimple before plopping that thing back in. Jason asked her, "Elle, were you born on a Wednesday?" This is Jason's equivalent of suggesting you need to ride the "short bus" to school. Not very PC of him.

I couldn't believe it - he used to always pat me on the back or the head and ask me "Are you Wednesday's child?" after a melt down or if I got angry at him. Wednesday's Child was a fund raising commercial and I THINK it was based around the Foster Care program. Jason somehow also remembers the terrible theme song and sang it to Elle (and I am sure to me) for big giggles.

I guess what I learned from this moment was how time and distance (and a new 2 year old family member to gently torture) can change ones feelings. We've all heard time heals all wounds...I think I believe this one; not that this Brotherly devotion really wounded me, but I remember how aggravating it was to be teased by my older sibs and how angry it made me. Now it is just a funny memory and a reminder of how time marches on.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Wisdom is learning what to overlook.” ~William James

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you also learned how enjoyable it is to "gently" tease someone else that is not you......he,he. I could never even guess what that theme song music would be. He must have the mind of a steel trap......there is one theme song that I can always remember, probably because I use it at every single game of Name that Tune I have ever, or will ever play. Dallas - Daaaaaaaaaa Da Daaaa, Da Daa Da Duh Daaaa Daaaaaa, Da, DAAA, Da, Da, Duh -Daaaaaaaaaaa....

    ReplyDelete