Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day #326 - Merry Christmas!!

Another year has come and gone so fast. This year Christmas seemed relaxed to me. I know there were some planning glitches and 3 of Melissa's kids got the flu and couldn't do Christmas Eve with the rest of us, but it didn't feel too stressful this year. Mom and Dad made it clear it would be a "small" year with very few gifts to open, but Mom somehow found time to make all us girls a scarf - I was pretty impressed:


We ate a huge dinner and Melissa prepared a Christmas program with songs highlighting the gifts of the Savior and all the things Christmas represents. Mom and Dad bore their testimonies and shared some kind words with all of us, making us cry a bit and then gave us $$ to pick out our own gifts. It was a great night. I tried to take some photos - here is my kiss collage:


When Trav and I got home Trav commented how our neighbor's houses were SOOO dark, then the garage door wouldn't open. AW SNAP!! The power was out and we did not have a house key with us. Travis tried to go around the side of the house to get in a window, but it was locked up tight for the winter. I tried to text my neighbors to see if any were home and could let us borrow a ladder and neighbor John text us back to let us know he was just down the street and came home to rescue us.

As I sat in the warm car waiting for Trav to climb a ladder and break into our house, I thought to myself, "this is one of those times I can be grateful to be a woman." I was happy to sit there and let Trav take care of things. I did learn a few lessons last night:

1) put a house key on the car rings
2) stash a blanket and a flashlight in your car at all times
3) get all those flashlights and night lights Mom and Dad give me every year for Xmas in a place they can actually be useful in an emergency

I did have 2 flashlights ready to go and one of the night lights was on in the loft, which was handy, but I know there are about 5 others I could have had plugged into the wall and would have provided good light when we got home.

Today we headed back down to the valley, with house keys in the console, to visit Trav's Mom and Brother Eric and family. We had a REALLY good dinner and opened presents again. We don't see much of Trav's family and it is always good to catch up.


I am home now and super sleepy, but I will resist taking a nap since I only have one more day off before I go back to work and want to enjoy every moment here at home. Travis got me a nook for Christmas and I have been learning how to work it. I am super excited and am off to explore what the gadget can do.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Christmas is a necessity.  There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves."  ~Eric Sevareid

2 comments:

  1. Great post. A Nook! Sweet. I love their commercials w/ what's her name...the gal from Glee. Pretty funny. I am interested to see how you like it. Great smooching collage....I guess Amy and Lance didn't get the memo. Jolleen's tree looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Nook!! Amy and Lance got the memo...I had to get 3 pictures just to get a decent shot of Lance - he wouldn't smile or anything...real stick in the mud!

    ReplyDelete