Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day #321 - I'm Baaaack

My Sister is here from Florida and she reminded me I have not written for a while. It is that time of year that one must plan ones time or lose it easily. To be honest that girls trip took it out of me - I was more tired when I got home than when I left. I guess that is what happens with conversations into the wee hours of the morning and not much sleep to boot, but I have not laughed that hard in a long time.

I knew 4 of the 6 girls that were there and the two I didn't know were just as fun as the others. It seems almost always in a group of girls for an extended period of time there is some problem or other - someone gets emotional or acts irritating or catty, but these girls were all easy going and fun to be around. The fun part of spending time with people you haven't known your whole life is learning the stories that make them who they are today. Boy, did I hear some good stories. I laughed so hard I almost threw up all that bean dip I ate.

Speaking of dip - I cannot believe how much food those girls brought for a two night stay. I think we dragged as much home as they brought with them. We certainly did not starve.

After the first night I really wanted to get home; not because I wasn't having fun, but I wanted to see Travis and hear about his trip to Dallas and I wanted to snore in my own bed. I was so worried about snoring that I inadvertently woke myself up every hour or so worried about it. Everyone assured me they hadn't noticed anything. Schwew.

What else is there to say except Lava Hot Springs is a small historical town with friendly people and the whole thing can be walked, end to end, in about 15 minutes...that is a stroll, not a brisk walk. We walked 1/2 a block to the grocery store, another block to the hot spring pool, another 1/2 block to restaurants and shopping and the post office was across the street from the house we rented, which incidentally is for sale with "potential to convert into a Mexican Restaurant" - isn't that odd to say it that specifically? The house was very old, but quaint w/many special architectural treasures like arched doorways, plank hardwood floors and built ins throughout. It was very comfortable and perfect for the 7 of us.

I had a great time and was super honored to have been invited to be part of the group. This trip took me out of my comfort zone, which is always good I think, and gave me time to just have fun with nothing else on the agenda and at the same time made me super happy to get home.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." Dr. Seuss
  

No comments:

Post a Comment