Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day #319 - Happy B-Day Mom!!

As you know I have made it a point to make a list of 10 things I love about my Siblings on their Birthday this year - why wouldn't I do the same thing for my Mom? But I thought it would be fun to use my Siblings words to contribute to this particular list and I think Mom will enjoy it.

 OLDEST CHILD JASON:


Oh dear Mother! How did she raise all of us and keep her sanity? Or did she? I'm so funny. Mom is always willing to help any of us kids with anything, always putting us first, ahead of herself.  I love that mom always has coke at her house and is ready to share whatever she may have. I love when mom used to get mad or frustrated and yell "hells bells" while gripping her temples.(she doesn't do that anymore. or maybe we just don't see it.) I love that she likes to laugh and have fun, which has led to kids that all enjoy getting together and teasing and laughing with and at each other. I love the example mom is to us to follow the Christ even though it puts her in uncomfortable situations at times.


Mom may not be the fanciest mother, or thinnest or a mother of the year candidate. She is more than that. She is a REAL mom, who leaves no doubt in her kids that she truly loves us all. Thanks Mom, hope you have a great birthday!



JASON'S FAM - MEL/JOSIE/SETH/ABBIE:


What we like about Trish.  I asked Josie, Seth and Abbie at dinner and they all said she is nice, kind, thinks of others, always has treats for us, funny.  Seth said   sometimes she gets stressed and Josie said she likes that she likes coke and Abbie said sometimes her leg cramps, when her leg cramped in Nephi over the summer it was scary and she hopes in never happens again.

I like that Trish is a mama bear, just like me, she is always looking out for her kids, all of us.  If we need something geez it's suddenly at her house for whoever needs it.  She is always thinking of others and willing to help out when she can.  Trish teaches us all kinds of things.  We all now know what a trillion is, thanks!  She is a great example to us all, we love her and wish her a very Happy Birthday!


MELISSA & the Christensen's - KEVIN/ETHAN/RYKER/LAWSON/MCCAULEY:

One of my favorite things about mom is that she always has good food.  There is never a shortage of food at mom's place.  I like, and I don't like at the same time, that mom spoils the kids while we are in town visiting. It seems like anything the kids request she will run right out and make their dreams come true.....FOOD DREAMS that is.  Ethie wants corn doggies?....Eth gets corn doggies.  What?  Rykman wants some GingerAle....coming right up Dear Sir.  I know they LOVE this also.  They will wait weeks and longer at times until I find a deal I am willing to go with on their requests here in the real world.  (oh please don't shed any tears for them....they still have Kevin to make their every food, soda, and Gatorade whim come true around here.)  

I really love that mom always has great intentions.  Maybe she over shoots sometimes, maybe ends up biting off more than she can chew.  But like they say.....shoot for the moon and you just might land on a star.  Still a dang awesome accomplishment!  Mom is a great hostess, I love staying there when we are visiting.  I always feel so pampered and taken care of.  When I am sick, or stressed....which really isn't too often (very grateful for that), my mind goes to mom.  I need advice and sympathy....she heaps on both.  She does not skimp or short change me on any codling or showing of empathy for any given situation I may have.  

Here is a quote I think is so true from a book she actually gave me -

"You never get over being a child, as long as you have a mother to go to." Sarah Orne Jewett  

I love you mom!



HEATHER & The Barker:

There are MANY things to love about Mom (as is obvious) but I love to HUG my Mother. My Mom hugs so sincerely. It is not just a pat on the back or a token embrace it is an exchange of feeling - at least when she hugs us kids. She wraps you up and murmurs something in your ear like "hi huggie" or "I love you" in her Mom voice and her light perfume smells so good & comforting - like fresh flowers...I didn't realize 'til several years ago that my Mom doesn't actually like hugging outside the family - it certainly doesn't stop her from doing it, but somehow it made me feel more special knowing I (we) are the exception. Even Travis gets a hug from Mom every time we see her - she likes to force hugs on Travis because he is more like her when it comes to hugging - I love it and Trav just rolls his eyes.

Truth be told Travis loves my parents and Mom has a special place in his heart. He loves to tease her because she can take a joke and give it right back. Mom laughs easily and often - there is a lot of joy around her. Mom knows all our faults and "heck" loves us anyway. It is comforting to know we are accepted and loved unconditionally - Mom gives all of us that blessing. She always points out our special qualities and makes us feel unique and capable.

I Love You Mama!!


AMY & The Drakes - LANCE/ARCHER/AVERY/ELLE:


The kids like to play at Grandma’s house because she is "cool " and they like her toys and Grandma always has treats around.

I love the example Mom is of thoughtfulness and generosity to family AND strangers (for example the cake experience Monday night, giving her birthday cake to total strangers) – she is so dedicated in her Church service and callings and no matter how uncomfortable it makes her she gets it done and does it well even though she hates being the center of attention. She is a great example to all of us. Mom is brave – it takes courage for anyone to step out of their comfort zone and mom shows up when it counts.

Lance and I agree Mom is so supportive of all of us kids no matter what the circumstance and we love her for that. Happy Birthday!


KERI & The Welch's - GOLDEN/SEERIE:

My MOM. She is the most amazing, selfless person I have ever known. My mom has always put herself aside..  For my dad, me, my brothers and sisters. At times I wish my mom would take into account what it is she wants, but then looking back at the things that make my mom happy...  It is her family! That's what she lives for. From buying tires for my grandpa and grandma when she was working in high school, to supporting dad threw college, to staying home with us kids and not spending any money on herself so that she could get us what we wanted. 

Although when you mess with my mom, or rather, mess with one of her kids.... YOU BETTER WATCH OUT!!!  My mom is a Momma Bear! She is always jumping to her kids defense, and I must admit. It feels good to know that my mom has my back. No matter what! She has a crazy eye. It's a look, then a snap and point, and you know Trish means business.  I told Golden before Seerie was born, "I gotta get the crazy eye down. If I can do that, I'll be successful... As I have found it has come rather natural to me. Seeing as when I am "using the crazy eye", I really do feel crazy in that moment. So it's not something to master, it's a state of being.

I am grateful for my parents setting boundaries. I know that it is crucial in life to have a balance. I love that my mom would lay down the law when it was necessary, and then love me unconditionally. As I see myself growing older, I also see that " I am my mother after all" is an amazing thing to be. I would love to be the mother that you are to me. I love you! Thank you for always, always being there for me. You and dad are a pillar in my life that I would never be the same with out.  I love you with all my heart and soul, thank you for being my parents.  love Kerilyn lynn

What I love most about Trish is her example of unconditional love, grace, beauty and service.  She makes it seem so easy to raise children to be faithful, intelligent, creative, grateful, balanced and full of life.  I hope that I can some day be half the parent and spouse she is to her family and everyone that interacts with her.

--golden bair--



I LOVE MY GAMMIE! SHE IS THE FIRST THING I TALK ABOUT IN THE MORNING, AND THE LAST THING AT NIGHT.  I LOVE TO HELP GAMMIE MAKE COOKIES, AND SHE ALWAYS READS ME BOOKS. I LOVE HER SMILE AND HER LOVES.    LOVE YOU GAMMIE,   seerie wren



YOUNGEST CHILD & BROTHER CHUCK:

Mama Bear: One of the things I love about mom is that she always has my back! And all of her kids for that matter. Whether defending us against false accusations, telling us that we are smart enough or capable enough to accomplish a task or goal, or encouraging us to go after the neighbor girl or boy we had a crush on because we are definitely good enough looking for them, Mom always made us feel protected and instilled confidence in us.

Simple Beauty: Mom is a beautiful woman. She was a heart breaker growing up and is a big part of why us kids are so dang good lookin' haha. She caught the eye of Cort Dana and our great family was the result. Mom sacrificed her hot body having us 6 kids but is still a beautiful woman. Pretty blue eyes and a smile that is always ready at a moment's notice to light up the room. Mom is not vain or conceited in the slightest. She has never had a desire for expensive clothes or jewelry but instead has chosen to be frugal and humble in her attire. She never asks for money to spend on herself but instead always preferred to spend her share of family funds on her kids. She often wears the same shirts or shoes for years and years and draws a lot of giggles and jokes from us kids and from the grandkids but we love the consistency! A humble human being, mom always put her kids above herself with selfless love. thanks Mom!



Pretty great legacy you've got here Mom - we are all so blessed to have you for our Mother. Even in our combined effort we barely touched the surface of who you are and what you mean to all of us. We hope you know how much we all love you, how much you inspire us, how proud we are to call you Mom.

THANK YOU! WE LOVE YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU
MARVELOUS, WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! That was so much fun to read. I loved hearing from everyone. Very fun to read through their eyes....that is not correct....but you know what I mean. Thanks Hug!! You are a creative master mind and really know how to make someone feel fantastically appreciated and loved.

    Hi Mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH! This was so cute. What a true and consistent portrait of our mother. It's so nice to see that we all feel the same, in our own words we all said similar things... OUR MOM IS AMAZING!!!!! We are so blessed!!!! Thanks hug, and thanks for remembering me, even if it was last min :) I love you, have an awesome day sister!

    ReplyDelete