Friday, December 23, 2011

Day #325 - Party at My House

I took on a puppy this weekend. His name is Kingston and he is a mini-pin w/a high energy disposition. He is actually a pretty good puppy when he isn't chasing the cat or pooping on the floor. I intercepted him mid poop this morning and threw him out the door (gently, of course). We just had a successful visit outside and I am very proud of him. I think he goes home on Monday when his Mom gets back from Arizona.

Yesterday, my sister Keri brought her little girl Seerie up to go Christmas shopping with me. I texted her in the morning to let her know it might be best if she left her dog, Aesop, at home. It was suspicious that I did not hear right back from her since we had been texting back and forth all morning and, just as I suspected, the little guy showed up with his Mommy. I just shook my head and let the craziness ensue.

It always takes some time for dogs to accept each other and it was pretty funny to watch old man Aesop try to dominate baby Kingston with his tail wrapped under his leg when it wasn't wagging, but eventually, everyone calmed down and got along. The only one still undecided is the cat, Echo, but I think she is even coming around (although she is wearing her evil eye like a protective coat, even with me).

I got most of my shopping done and had a great 'catch up' day with Keri. I am so glad she called me to hang out for the afternoon.

PARTY AT MY HOUSE:



Seerie is old enough to understand Christmas and Santa Clause (don't worry her favorite song is "Away in a Manger", well after "Party Rock Anthem") and she has been asking Santa for a "suit". She wants a full body snow suit like her Dad uses when he shovels snow. I think this is the cutest thing ever and can't believe how single minded she is being about it. This is her telling Trav what she wants for Christmas:



Kids are so great...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Party Rock is in the house tonight, everybody just have a good time; and we gonna make you lose yo' mind, everybody just have a good time...every day I'm shuffelin" Now - do the shuffle...not as easy as it looks!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Fun, lucky girls to go shopping together. Great photos HB.

    ReplyDelete