Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day #244 - Painting Party

We actually did it...we painted the fence today. My sister Melissa brought her 4 kids up, Keri and Amy came with their children and then there was Travis and me. I had purchased the stain and paint brushes yesterday and cut branches away from the fence this morning before they arrived.

Here is the fence BEFORE.
It is just really weathered and I want it to last for many years.


I can't believe how quickly the paint went on this fence. With all the helping hands it only took 2 hours from start to finish. We also unloaded dirt by buckets from my Dad's truck to my yard, cut down several rogue branches, moved all the branches I have been cutting down and stacking in my back yard to the front yard to get them made into bark by the Summit Fire Department; stained the stairs on the back deck (ran out of stain last year to finish it) and stained the wood around the fountain.


Below are the areas of the fence I have been dreading since I made plans to paint the first part of this year...How the heck was I going to get behind the fence to paint the fence...that sentence sounds about as smart as the two fence concept. Who thought up this brilliant idea? I guess the photo below answers my question...just climb on in.


I am so Grateful that they came up to help with this project. It would have taken Travis and me many more hours to have done this project on my own. And it is SOOO nice to have one of my BIG jobs DONE!!!


I sure did get tuckered out for the day...whew eee - I am sleepy.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Many hands make light work" John Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment