Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day #242 - Buzzzz

I thought it would be a good idea to get the whole family together and go to a Bees baseball game one night. There are several nights in July that offer a pretty amazing fireworks display. With our group rate we got really good seats for $7 (THANKS DAD). The problem with baseball is the pace...The game was pretty much over when it started since the Bees took the lead at 10 to nothing and the innings dragged.

I did get some good photos...This first one has the All Teddy Bear in it. This humongous bear struck me as kind of creepy. It reminds me of "Ghost Busters" when the friendly looking dough boy gets possessed and starts taking over the city, but my Mom loved the thing.


Also in the photo are some of my nieces and nephews. Below are the rest of the clan...



There was a lot of chaos, including my Mom who wanted to do a physical take down of a girl that couldn't stay in her seat, but all in all it was a good game. The Bees got a Grand Slam and now we get a free Grand Slam breakfast from Denni's..Yee Haw!

After the game came the fireworks - just a few great pictures to share...

Fireworks extravaganza - it looked like they were shooting up from a tree
and it was helpful to have the fire station right next door...


Elle is afraid of loud noises -
Amy covered her ears with her hands and Elle kept pulling the
blanket over her eyes to hide.


I thought this was such a sweet family moment, I just HAD to take it.


I am not sure I would recommend a game for super active kids, especially babies, but it was fun to go with the whole family and the fireworks were REALLY quite spectacular.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: ""When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses." Joyce Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment