Monday, July 11, 2011

Day #236 - Little Jewels

I FINALLY put out the hummingbird feeders tonight. This is one of the greatest joys of Spring and Summer - the little jeweled birds who flit around squealing as they go. I think the sound is from their wings zipping thru the air on their way to and from feed zones. I want my house to be a feed zone for them.

This Spring was so late getting here this year I thought we had missed them altogether, but as Trav and I sit on the deck in the mornings we hear the whirring sound of the sweeping birds and he keeps prompting me to get the feeders out.

Then I felt guilty when the cuties came by the feeding zones 3 different times to check it out. DUH - what am I thinking? It probably took 10 minutes to put everything together and now I am hoping the little guys come around. I also hope I dumped enough sugar in there for them.

If you want to see some facts about humming birds go to: http://www.worldofhummingbirds.com/facts.php

My favorite: A hummingbird's metabolism is roughly 100 times that of an elephant.
I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Like the hummingbird sipping nectar from every flower, I fly joyfully through my days, seeing beauty in everything." Amethyst Wyldfyre

No comments:

Post a Comment