Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day #240 - Spidy Senses

I went to the Dr. yesterday to get a few mosquito bites checked out thinking I may have scratched them a bit too enthusiastically and created an infection. Dr. Sandra took one look and said "YEP, those are Spider bites". She put some steroids in the bites and then gave me some antibiotics and steroid cream to apply to the leg and I am taking some allergy meds for several days as well.

Here is a picture for your enjoyment:


It really doesn't hurt at all, but it sure itches. My Dr. told me she has seen more spider bites this year then any year before. I guess I shouldn't have cancelled my Terminix appointment in May. The best part of the whole thing was my Dr. making the suggestion that I "might" want to change my sheets. Does she think I really don't change my sheets? The even better part is - I DIDN'T!! I will change them this weekend when I clean.

I am glad I had a brain on this week and went to see the Doctor, I am glad it is not too bad yet, I am glad there is a way to treat it and I am glad it doesn't hurt...I'm a wimp for sure!! My friend at work told me she was disapointed I didn't turn into "Spider Girl" - who knows? There is still time...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: This song came to mind...

"The itsy bitsy spider  
climbed up the water spout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun
and dried up all the rain.
And the itsy bitsy spider
climbed up the spout again."


No comments:

Post a Comment