Monday, July 4, 2011

Day #232 - Independence Day

Today is the 4th of July. I got to visit with my family, including my sister from Florida. The best part of the day was watching my niece, Seerie (1.5 years old) try to scoot herself down the slip and slide and then throw a tantrum when she didn't get to keep playing in the water; then watching my Brother-in-law Lance do the same thing (sans tantrum). We also had a girls ping pong tournament, which I lost, but it was fun to play again after several years. Luckily Travis represented and got the Barker name on the wall when he kicked some arse in the boys tourney in the parents basement!! Whew HEW!!

Travis and I didn't really do much this year as far as actual 4th of July celebrations. No parades, no fireworks (although I have heard plenty), but I will take a moment to share my gratitude for living in the USA. I heard someone say it best the other day - "Even at its worst, America is the best place to live." I have to agree with this statement even though I haven't lived anywhere else. I think I often take for granted the many blessings I have just by living here - it may not be perfect, but I feel pretty blessed.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."  ~Paul Sweeney

No comments:

Post a Comment