Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day #32 - Strong Family

Today was the Strong Family reunion down in Springville at Uncle Gordon and Aunt Stacy's house. It is interesting how my Mom's siblings and their families all turned out so different than each other, but we all have the sarcastic sense of humor...yep, we definitely got that from our Mom.

My Uncle Alan asked me who the "heavy" was in the house growing up. I said "Dad" first, but after thinking about it I had to go with Mom. Dad has his hot buttons for sure, but Mom was the one that made me nervous when she started to get upset. I do remember her always using Dad on us when he traveled though..."Just wait until your Father gets home"...still waiting Ma...Then Alan asked who was the "softy"...oh, Mom for sure!! Isn't that funny? Mom was the heavy AND the softy for me...Chuck and Keri both said Dad was their heavy...I guess it is different for each of us.

I tried to talk to almost everyone who was there and saw my cousin Alicia whom I haven't seen for probably 10 years. It is funny how we have all really started to resemble our parents more and more over the years. Today I turned around and my Uncle Larry was standing next to me. I was really taken aback because he looked so much like my Grandpa Strong - I got a bit nostalgic...

I am glad we went - it was fun to see everyone.


You can see how much Mom enjoys being with her Siblings - I know the feeling. 


I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: “I have no desire to know my true IQ...I much prefer to remain blissfully ignorant to my own intelligence." Uncle Alan

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how mom.....always expressing how much she "hates" touching, is the one reaching out to touch her siblings in their photo. A little telling....she does look super happy.
    Looks like a great time. That is a big fireplace area.....is that a new home for Gordon and Stacey?
    So that would have been really interesting and cool to see Alicia.....how'd she look, how many kids? Was everyone there? Shannon? Get any other pics?
    Heavy?.....Softy?....it was all in the presentation. If you prepared in advance, stacked your cards correctly, and aligned your ducks.....you could have had two softies....like me growing up.

    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...GREAT POINT - I didn't think of that; we must have rubbed off after hugging on her all these years.

    The party was in the club house of Gordon and Stacy's PUD.

    Alicia - Dallas just had a baby (2 weeks old) and Alicia has 3 or 4 others...I think there were 3 other girls. Alicia looks EXACTLY like Mary and she sounds like her too. She was very social and it was fun to see her after so many years. She lives out in Fairview where one of the big fires in UT are raging. Shannon was home with the pink eye (or so she tells me on Words w/Friends :)...

    Oh Yeh - I don't think I remember you EVER getting into trouble. Nice try though.

    ReplyDelete