Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day #30 - Sushi & 44 Years!

I was invited to lunch by a lender today - why not? We ate at a Japanese restaurant and, at the lender's recommendation, I got the sushi special.

Sushi and I have a love/hate relationship...I love saying I can eat it, but I hate thinking about eating any kind of "raw" meat...I love how it just melts in your mouth or how the tiny eggs burst, but I hate thinking about eating it...I love the flavor, but I hate thinking about it...I sense a pattern here.

Anyway, I am glad I tried it even though I THOUGHT about the raw fish for quite a while before I ate it. In the end I decided to be a tiny bit sophisticated and go with the recommendation. I was not disappointed - for $10.95 there were pieces of California roll, 1 each of tuna, salmon, yellow & shrimp sashimi rolls (I think that is what they are called), plus the miso soup, a salad, teriyaki chicken and tempura vegetables. I think that is quite a nice deal and cannot wait to take Travis there to try it out and see what he thinks.

ON AN IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE:

Today is my parents 44th Wedding Anniversary. How lucky am I to have parents that have been together that long? For the most part my parents have been through the normal relationship heartaches and troubles over the years, but I am so proud of them for sticking it out and going the distance; they have been an incredible example to all of us.

I Love you MOM & DAD!! Thanks for being there forever...!!

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity.  The order varies for any given year."  ~Paul Sweeney

2 comments:

  1. Long time since writing or reading.....can't seem to slow down around here. I am still hoping the moment will arise when I get to recap our trip and write for a bit. Looks to be far off at this point. Fun catching up on your doings.....

    My friends think I am the hill-billy of food. They are upper crust sushi eaters. Fine by me.....scratch, scratch, I ain't missen nutin......at least I got you I can brag about with your sophisticated taste buds. That has got to count for some um!! I would take chili and cottage cheese over that thar sushi any day!!

    Happy 44th!!! Pretty sweet! Love you to mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wrote such good comments I had to respond to all of them. I hope you make the time to recap the highlights of the trip. You make things so much better when you tell it.

    ReplyDelete