Friday, June 8, 2012

Day #23 - 1st Training - Out of the Way!

Whew - what a busy day I had today. The week started out slow and quickly worked it's way to disappearing before my eyes. Today I held my first agent training at my new company. I could have been a bit better prepared, but overall I think we hit some high points, added a few new agents to the team and educated the Bosses on the processes as well.

I would love to be a good trainer. I sit and listen to The Bosses talk and teach classes and they are super engaging, incredibly knowledgeable on MANY subjects and give you a sense of importance & increased self esteem every time they chat with you. They are powerful teachers and I sometimes wonder if I will be able to live up to their expectations.

On our way to a lunch appointment today one of them told a story about how his wife was mad at him the night before and informed him he was "mean" and she didn't like him in that moment. I have to say I felt a bit gratified that my boss is obviously NOT perfect after all. Me, knowing everything the way I do, suggested he write down 10 things he loves about her or 10 things he is grateful for because she is in his life and leave it somewhere for her to find. I explained to him that I said almost the exact same thing to Travis recently and when I said "you are mean" and "I don't really like you right now", what I really meant to say was, "I am not feeling valued by you and I need some reinforcement please".

On the way home from the lunch we almost died in a fiery crash only about 4 times. My Boss later apologized for driving like a COMPLETE MANIAC!! I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it. I really tried to keep my mouth shut, but I am afraid a tiny whimper (ok, perhaps a loud, appalled whimper) came out when he shot across 4 lanes of traffic and I heard some horns honk...not usually a good sound when changing lanes.

I am glad I had a good week, but I sure am MORE glad the weekend is here.

I AM Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

1 comment:

  1. You are a big wig. Period. End of story. You are hob-knobing- with your bosses. Sweet. You are sharing words of wisdom with them. Dang girl....and good advice at that. I wonder if he did it?? Did he report back?

    Wolfgang is so true. Specifically with relationships....huh?.

    ReplyDelete