Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day #27 - Father's Day

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

Every year Mom makes hamburger patties cooked in mushroom gravy, aka "Dad's Favorite Meal". I remember eating it a lot as a kid and I didn't like mushrooms, so I would scrape off the gravy and put ketchup on it to make it more like meatloaf...it was pretty good that way.

We had some excitement when a 5 gallon glass drink container (one we bought for the parents for Xmas one year) filled with purple grape juice and lemonade had the bottom drop out of it. Grape juice spilled EVERYWHERE. We mopped it all up, but it was still a bit sticky when we left.

Then there were the gifts...Chuck, Travis and I got Dad a shave at "The Art of Shaving", a new store in Fashion Place mall. I hope he likes it and will actually use it. Dad had a shaving brush while we were growing up...maybe he will want a new one sometime. We'll see what he thinks about a real razor shave...There were a few hits - Melissa got Dad a mug w/the constitution on it (he dug it pretty hard) and Amy made Dad one of her personalized dolls...take a look:



The kids get such a kick out of the monkey and ask for it all the time when they visit, so for Amy to incorporate that into the doll design was genius. ALL of us thought it was the best thing ever.

It was also great to have Melissa and her kids here visiting this past week. It is one of their shortest visits so far, but it is good they came out to visit. I don't think we would be that good about getting to UT every 6 months like they are - it is so great for the cousins to be such good friends and know each other so well...PLUS, I got a Brazillion Blow Out for my hair...it is supposed to help with texture - I will report back after I wash it.

ADULTS (Minus Chuck...I thought he had left without saying good bye - he was in the other room taking a nap & Jason who came for 2 seconds and had to go to work - booo):


All the cousins:


What a great family!!

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "You know the only people who are always sure about the proper way to raise children? Those who've never had any.” Bill Cosby

4 comments:

  1. Hey.....your pictures turned out awesome. You know.....I really think it pays NOT to always use the phone camera. My pictures are just not that clear and beautiful like these.....and if I am recalling correctly, you had just a basic camera. Didn't you loose your fancy pants one?

    Great Day.
    Great Family.
    Great Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah......that grapejuice thing was so bizarre! FREAKY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that was absolutely a strange thing for the bottom to fall out of the drink jug. You stayed real cool...I was impressed. Mom did make it sort of funny with all the sounds that burst forth...still, what a pain.

    I love the little camera...now a days they are super cheap and easy to cary around. I would use my phone a lot more if I could actually pull photos off the dumb thing.

    How did your friends like their dolls???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Goooooooooooooodnesssss! They love them so much!!! I will fill you in later. Just gave them to them yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete