Monday, June 25, 2012

Day #29 - Vegas is STILL Vegas

Well, we made it back safe and sound...the dog is depressed, not because he is unhappy to be home, but because his aged body is catching up to him. He takes little dainty bites when I hand him a treat where he usually tried to take my hand off (playfully of course) and he looks at me sadly before he goes up or down the stairs...it blows getting old.

Talk about old...we were about as exciting as 30 year old sea lions (is that old in sea lion years?) in Vegas. We did get to see some old friends we haven't seen for about 12 years who used to live in California and a high school "friend" of Trav's who is now more of a friend because of facebook since their 20 year reunion and our friend Matt did come out to stay with us a few nights because he was coming to UT anyway. We forced him to cancel his return flight to UT and drive home with us...lucky guy got to listen to one of our books on tape...he kept falling asleep in the backseat.

We didn't do any gambling, we ate too much, we swam, but only in the morning when it wasn't so blasted hot and so crowded (still got a bit sunburned at 8 a.m. - weird), we saw a free Night Ranger concert on Freemont Street where we took some crazy pictures including a Tommy Boy look alike, KISS, hot girls in feather head dresses who posed with the guys (for a tip), a guy who asked Travis for twenty bucks (somehow he lost his wallet...huh, imagine that) and there was a girl who I suddenly realized was giving me the evil eye because I had put my hand on her boyfriends shoulder when I lost my balance in the crowd...I think she really wanted to beat me up; it was surreal...for a minute I wanted to beat her up too...this was even more surreal.

Anyway, this was pretty much the most exciting night of the weekend and by the time we got back to our hotel room (whew hew midnight) my feet hurt so bad I wanted to cry...I think I did make a few involuntary noises walking to the elevator. I KNEW it would be a bad idea to wear those shoes, but I didn't realize we would litterally be on our feet the entire night. OUCH!!!

The very BEST part of the trip was that I somehow managed to pack correctly for once. The only things I didn't use were my work out clothes (yeh, yeh good intentions & all that) and a pink shirt that I didn't wear only because we didn't really go out the last night we were there, so I just wore the same T-shirt I wore earlier that day. I have NEVER packed as good as I did on this trip...I felt pretty good about it. (obviously)

We had a good time, it was relaxing and the people were the best part of the trip...not too shabby. As usual, it is good to be home.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Vacation: a period of travel and relaxation when you take twice the clothes and half the money you need."  ~Author Unknown

HA - NOT THIS TIME VEGAS!!!

3 comments:

  1. Actually sounds like a pretty awesome time. You should have taken that bimbo! What is HER deal anyway?! way to nail it on the packing. Have not done to ever....that I remember anyway....seems like something I would recall. Cuz like you said, typically I am waaaaaay off. The kids are always on their own. I give them a check list and then say go for it. Who cares what they wear on vaca??? am I right?

    Poor little black Bart. Good dog for sure. He has sure brought you and Trav lots of joy.....and countless excellent memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right...it was actually a pretty great trip.

    I think I could have taken her...I was so surprised she was looking at ME that way...I even looked over my shoulder to see if there was someone else actually being offensive behind me. I kept thinking I would "PIKE" punch her in the mouth if she made a move on me. Pike is a bad ass character in one of the books we listened to...I mean, ninja stealth w/powerful pain!! :) Yeh...I could have taken her.

    I love that you trust your kids to handle themselves...of course, that way you end up with missing suits and stuff, but I like that it is not a big deal.

    Bart is bouncing back...he is back on his rymidol (joint meds) and seems to be more bouncy like normal...still clicking along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny, yes, we do end up with missing suits and stuff, frequently.....but yeah, what's the big deal? They learn for next time. and one good thing about kids is that they NEVER over pack. they feel they can wear one pair of undies a week and so forth, they are pretty cool that way because they don't like to carry a lot around.

    ReplyDelete