Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day #31 - Who Did It?

I have been home from vacation for several days now and the first day I went down to turn on the water (the faucet is by the back door in the basement, even though the water turns on up front via the hoses) I immediately noticed how clean it looked under the deck and the 2 black bags that were loaded up with weeds...huh?

I immediately knew who had picked up the weeds I pulled before I left, but didn't have time to bag and swept out and cleaned up the dog poop around the walk ways and on the lower deck...Mike and Debi did it before they left to go to their family reunion. I was sooooooo happy and very grateful for their thoughtfulness.

That day I sent Debi an email to let her know she left her dress bag here and to thank her and Mike for taking care of those things for me. In my email I said "it must have been you, because there is no way it was my baby brother Chuck"...It took Deb a full day to write back and she said I might want to check with my brother because it wasn't them.

I waited another day really thinking it over...did mom and dad come up? no...did Mike do it and not TELL Debi? no...Holly Crap...I think Chuck DID do it. I asked him (via voice mail) and it took another day for him to respond, here is what we said (texting of course):

Chuck: "Haha yeah, I did some poop scooping, leaf sweeping and weed picking up while I was watering :) I would have picked up the rest of the weeds...but I was wearing flip-flops and ants were eating my toes! Lol"

Me: "WOW! Color me surprised! I thought it was my friend who did it! Totally cool Chuck. Thank you!!"

Chuck: "You bet :) make sure the hot-tub is working for my winter house-sitting gig and we'll call it even Bahahahah, jk. It is rare that I have an opportunity to do something nice for someone. My pleasure."

Now...I don't know WHY I was so surprised by this kindness from my Brother. Chuck is always there to help when other family members need it...perhaps it is because he just did it without any prompting. I don't know why I was so touched...mabey more so than if someone else had done it. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the gesture really moved me.

Thanks my Brother! I love you.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "I slept and I dreamed that life is all joy, I woke and I saw that life is all service. I served and I saw that service is joy." Mother Teresa

3 comments:

  1. Ooohh! Sigh... Chuck!! What a sweet baby bro. We all knew he had it in him. Love that guy! Plus you deserve the hand heaven knows you do your share of gardening service every year with Jolene. Sometimes nice to be on the receiving end of service!! I should know.. Feels good, looks good! The looks good usually dumps the scale in its favor over the guilt stricken "why don't I get a handle on my own junk?" factor.
    Hey, Mindy should update her blog huh??
    Love you Huggie:). A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wouldn't call the time at Joleen's a very big deal, but I won't disbute that I enjoyed being on the end of a service project. YES - Mindy owes us a blog update!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know......I want to be writing....have lots to write about.

    Wowsa! I thought sure it was mom and dad. But very cool that it was Chuck!! So awesome. It is probably how I would feel if one of my boys did something like that w/out being prompted. I can't see it happening. Maybe it comes with age and life experience. Whatever the reason, love it!

    ReplyDelete