Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day #28 - Road Trippin'

Tomorrow Travis and I are making our way to Las Vegas...again. I will say it is fun to be going out of town together - I don't think we have been on a trip since last September. We are hoping to do a few new things on this trip, but we will probably just end up eating too much.

It is going to be over 100 degrees in Vegas. I was thinking I would wake up and spend some time on my hair tomorrow until I realized I will probably keep it in a bun all weekend. I certainly don't want to sweat my brains out under a thick mop of hair everyday.

I am also grateful so many people are helping us out so we can go on this trip. The guy at work (Nick) who is going to watch my business for me since I won't have access to a computer most of the time. My sister Amy who is watching over Bart. My friend Debi, who is also visiting Utah this week and is staying here a few nights to water and watch over my cat. And Chuck who has agreed to stay here even though our hot tub isn't working to round out the weekend. It apparently takes a village to raise a kid AND to manage a Barker vacation. THANKS everyone!!

This evening after work I went and checked out 3 books on CD for Trav and I to listen to. I think I picked some good ones and these books makes the drive one of my favorite parts of road trippin'.

My Sister Melissa is driving from Utah ALL THE WAY to Florida with her 4 kids, one of which has a learner's permit and will no doubt get some drive time in. I am thinking about them and wish them safe travels. I am sure a drive like that one will certainly make home look like one of the best places on earth.

Safe Travels Everyone - I will write about my trip when we get back.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"...Who said that anyway?

2 comments:

  1. Yo!! Dang! your blog has been giving me grief with commenting....was just about to give into its evil ways and just walk away. Glad I persisted.....sorry I won't be re-writing my first amazing response!!

    Thanks for the well wishes.....I think everyones prayers came in handy a few times on the ride home, had a few close calls w/ my guy with the learner permit.

    Love books on CD....we made it through I believe at least 4 in the Rangers Apprentice series. It was so crazy, as we were nearing home, we were on the last disk.....it was almost worth stalling a bit, almost tempting to take the long way home......but nah, in the end we just finished it up the next day as we began the trip tear down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah MAN!! I bet you put a good story in there! I am glad you made it back ok - I never doubted it of course.

    That is the worst part of books on tape...when you don't finish them by the end of the drive. What i love is how Trav keeps them in his car and listens...he keeps me in suspense at the end of the day with phrases like, "Myron is really getting to the bottom of some things" or "Do you remember the name of the first missing girl? Well...I'm just sayin' stuff is happenin" I love it - finally a book we can talk about.

    ReplyDelete