Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day #18 - The Turn Around

Over this last week I had 10 agents either stop by my office to introduce themselves or stop me on my walk to the copier to ask questions about Relocation...THIS, my friends, is progress. I received a few outgoing referrals (by the way, if you or someone you know needs a GREAT realtor, anywhere in the United States or Canada, please let me know, I can help...it is what I do), which are super important, and met one on one with all of the agents on my team.

I also brought in some of the purple Alium from my yard into the office - they are the tall spring flower with the round ball on top and I got so many comments on them today...they really do look striking. This is what they look like...


I also called a guy "Joe" SEVERAL times and found out his name is "Sam"...UGH. Oh well...names are NOT my strong suit, but I am trying hard not to mess up too bad and the BEST news is, tomorrow is the Friday before a LONG weekend. I can't say I am necessarily ready for an extra day off, meaning I am not overwhelmed or ready to take a break, but I can certainly appreciate an extra day when it is offered.

My sister gave me a book called "Go for No!" and I finally started reading it in earnest yesterday. It is just a small book so shouldn't take too much time to read it. It is actually a great time in my life to read something that talks about relentless persistence expecting abject failures to occur daily while pressing on, no matter what. I haven't felt hopeless by any means, but I do feel the need to produce results...soon!

It was fun talking to some of these agents - they have said how they don't want to work on the referral team because it eats into their commissions (referral fees) and too much paperwork, etc. I loved seeing them change their mind when I explained about leads they didn't prospect for, spin off business and the different types of referrals some requiring more paperwork than others. I think I may be able to get some agents on my team to fill in the gaps on coverage that I have now. It has been a productive week.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "your fear of hearing the word 'no' is the only thing standing between you and greatness" from the book GO FOR NO!

2 comments:

  1. Love those flowers, always have. We don't have them here in FL. Yeah! Glad you are reading that bad boy. Good stuff. I think it is one to reread again and again. It is easy to slip back into chicken mode, believing that failure is to be feared. All too easy to revert. Bummer!

    OK - I want to have a big talk about your job while I am in town. I guess I don't really understand what you do. So you are there to help and assist agents? You are a resource for them? They need you because? Your new bosses hired you to create a relocation department? Maybe answering these questions will help me.

    Right there with you on the name thing.....I am really coming along at Our Club though. I have so many associations........Dirty Sandy, Little Debbie, Kim Basinger, Almond Joy, Rose Bud, Dawn is breaking, Hurricane Irene, Jack Ass, etc. It definitely helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! GREAT IDEA...Name Associations. I'll have to give that a go...Samsung, Colby Jack, Joe Blow, Arnold Palmer, Sandra Dee...:)

    ReplyDelete