Friday, May 11, 2012

Day #10 - May Day

It is May again & Mother's Day weekend. This is my weekend to give the gift of labor to my lovely Mother-in-law Joleen and help her plant flowers. I am pretty excited about tomorrow because Trav's step-brother's kids will be there to help...I hope it will be helpful - ya never know, but I do love these kids. I think there are 4 that will be there tomorrow - Bethany, Spencer, Josh & Natalie...Kyle is the oldest and I do not believe he is in town. I don't usually hang with the boys much, but the two girls are a kick. Bethany is a total book worm, wears glasses and has a book in hand wherever she goes. Natalie is a tough girly tom boy...So cute and energetic and I plan to put them to work tomorrow.

My own yard is growing, but I usually wait until at least the end of May before I plant annuals up here, but the perennials are coming up as well as my transplants of Lillies, Poppies & Peonies - super excited about those last two transplants since I have never done them before. I think it is going to take another 5 growing seasons before I have my yard put together the way I like it with blooms for each new month in the Summer and Fall, but eventually it is going to be AMAZING and it is fun figuring out the best plants to grow up here in the thin crisp air of Summit Park.

I suggest you plant one new plant in your yard this year - choose something you haven't worked with yet and enjoy it over the next several months and in years to come if you plant a perennial. I am looking for new perennials to replace the annuals I had last year...shouldn't be too hard.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "If you're still hanging onto a dead dream of yesterday, laying flowers on its grave by the hour, you cannot be planting the seeds for a new dream to grow today” Joyce Chapman 

1 comment:

  1. Whoa.....you caught me off guard with that little challenge you threw in there.....plant a new plant this year. Hmmmmm.....I just cleaned out my beds, I did get a few flower buckets. But that is about it. I love the sound of your planning and transplants. Sounds very rewarding. That is great that you got to serve Joleen with your nephews and nieces. Hope it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete