Monday, May 14, 2012

Day #12 - Ra Ra

I committed to attend a Monday morning meeting that happens at 7:30 a.m. I've been doing pretty good getting to the office by about 8:30 a.m. every day, which is much better than my 9:00 a.m. average at my old job, but 7:30 a.m. is pretty early for me. This is a motivational meeting that is held EVERY morning at 7:30 a.m. and involves affirmations, short mediation (silent consideration and writing of goals & gratitude for the day) and a short daily lesson.

Today the lesson was on building your confidence. There were 3 key elements that make up natural confidence builders (as opposed to faking it) - 1) Gratitude, 2) Having a clear purpose and 3) Integrity (doing what you say you will/no excuses).

I, of course, related most to the Gratitude element. If you can imagine going to a stranger's door to ask them if they would be interested in listing their home with you, there may be some nervousness and fear associated with the task. What if you approached the door with gratitude for the opportunity that you will be offering to help someone who may need it and you will be meeting someone new in the process.

Wow, I just nodded off :) Guess I should go to bed. \

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Do not be too timid and squeamish in your actions. All life is an experiment!" Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

  1. Love it. This new job of yours is onto something! Where did you find these people? They seem amazing. Great advice.....Quote to!!!

    ReplyDelete