Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day #360 - Earlier Bird

Today I got to work early - yes, it is basically a miracle. I usually get in at 9 a.m. and I got there at 7:45 a.m. There is something so peaceful about being one of the first people in the office. What is strange is that I wasn't THE first person in the office.

I saw the Office Manager in the office before most of us and she is usually one of the last to leave with me in the evening...how many hours does she work anyway? She is one of those "sunny disposition" people. I don't think I have ever seen her upset. I have been able to tell she was irritated, but she chooses her words so carefully and always comes across in a positive way. I have just recently acknowledged a growing respect and fondness for her now that I have started to really LOOK at her and NOTICE how she is. She has always been this way, I have just not been paying attention. I think I can learn a lot from her.

There is another person that gets in at 7:30 a.m. every morning and she leaves at 4:30 p.m. every night...ON THE DOT. I find this fascinating...I shouldn't. Probably most people adhere to an absolute schedule. I don't think she would ever consider working overtime and I know she has passed up opportunities for more money and figure it is because she doesn't want a greater responsibility. There is something to be said for knowing your own limits and what will make you happy - I actually admire that about this person. She is happy just where she is, thank you very much.

I got so much done today, but am still SUPER behind. Trav has to go to work early tomorrow as well, so I will give it another go to see if I can jam through a pile of work early in the morning before my phone starts ringing. They say, "the early bird gets the worm" I say "the earlier bird gets a full hour of uninterrupted data entry".

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: “I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm" Franklin D. Roosevelt (hadn't looked at it this way...)

1 comment:

  1. Hiphiphooooray for yet another benefit of early rising! It is the way to go I tell ya! How is the training going w/ Trav? Aren't you doing that in the a.m. also? Catch me up lady.

    ReplyDelete