Monday, August 6, 2012

Day #47 - Hey Pic

This weekend I got to see one of my best friends from high school - Nicole Pullham Collins. We had talked about going to lunch when she got to town and I had some things come up and decided not to go, but Pic wouldn't let me off the hook, "I wouldn't object to meeting you up there in Park City" she says, "I can drive up to Kaysville if you want" she said, "we can do dinner tomorrow if that works better"...huh, I get the feeling she means business. Travis helped me re-work my schedule and we met Pic and her husband for lunch at Lorena's in Bountiful.

It is funny every time I see Nicole, usually every 4 or 5 years it seems, she never changes. She seems to be the same since the day I met her in High School 20 years ago (ugh, yes it has been that long - longer, actually, since we graduated 20 years ago). Nicole's life looks like I always pictured mine would look like as I grew up...Nicole is a stay at home Mom, happily married with 5 beautiful, amazing kids. I'm sure that is not the whole story, but from the outside looking in that is exactly what it looks like to me.

We only had an hour for lunch and it left me wanting some one on one time with her. I want to know more about her life and if it really is that simple (in the good sense of the word)...just what I expected it to be. I'm very happy for her and very glad she insisted we meet. Thanks Pic.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." Robert Frost

2 comments:

  1. I does indeed. and thank goodness for that. Why do you call her Pic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was always my pet name for her...nickle pickle...pic for short.

      Delete