Monday, August 20, 2012

Day #51 - Green Apple Tic Tacs

Today I came into the office and on my desk was a pack of white Spearmint Tic Tacs and a pack of Green Apple Tic Tacs with a note...

Not long ago I was meeting with one of my bosses concerning several updates relating to my job. While sitting next to me my boss noticed my open drawer and the Spearmint TicTacs I had in there. He asked for one and we had several over the course of the meeting. Every once in a while he would tell me how much his wife LOVES the orange Tic Tacs. Or he would ask me if I always have TicTacs on hand - what is my history with the TicTac?

I know my Dad always has some sort of breath saving mint in his car. He used to have TicTacs in there and we would all take them when we could. I think I was in his car just a few weeks ago and he now carries mint Life Savers instead. Truly, though, I just like something small to freshen things up when headed into a meeting...just-in-case, if you know what I mean.

When I went shopping that week I picked up some orange and cherry TicTacs so I would have them if my boss ever needed/wanted another one - I thought it would be funny. Next thing I know, he has written a note, thanking me for my good work, and his insistence I should "try a new flavor". Little did he know I already have a plethora of flavors...one more just makes it better. What a great boss I have...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last." Oscar Wilde

2 comments:

  1. Tic tacs are the bomb! We use altoids at work (where there's no what if's, we WILL be breathing in someone's face!!).
    I've recently borrowed Dads truck and I'm pretty sure there's some white tic tacs in there.
    I really love the diva quote today!! Suspense is truly awesome and terrible isn't it?
    Love you!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your boss.

    The thing I think about with dad and Tic-tacs is him and white ones at church. He is always handing those things out. I am always a little nervous with the rolling around sound the tics make in the carton during sacrament....but if you squeeze the container tightly, it is not too bad. I can't get the orange ones because I cannot stop eating them, they are like candy and way too addicting. No idea how they classify those things as breath mints.

    I love having the white Mento Gum as my go-to freshener ....the outside is sweet, just like the white tics.....cool mint inside.

    Yes...........the suspense!!!!

    ReplyDelete