Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day #52 - Desk Job

Travis started a job with a new Telcom company. The company headquarters are outside of Utah, so Travis now works from home except when going out to meet with new clients or other employees. We have a loft where we have a table set up as a desk that has worked well for the desk top computer, but we didn't have a comfy chair to work from or a real printer set up, etc. Not only don't we have a real work from home set up, it gets incredibly hot in the loft due to the sky lights up there; not an ideal situation, especially in the high heat of August.

This past weekend we went browsing for some office furniture and found a desk, printer, chair set up that we felt we could put in the extra basement room for a home office. It seems like we are constantly buying new printers. It seems like we just bought one so we could have an at home scanner. We obviously didn't think it thru too clearly because we can only scan one page at a time...well, that is a huge pain when you have a 10 page contract that needs to be sent out. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Tonight, after I got home from work, we went and bought it all and just spent the last 3 plus hours putting it  together. I always HATE putting furniture together, unfortunately, I am pretty good at it, so it is mostly my job when we get something new to assemble. This night I actually felt I had the better job because Trav was hauling empty boxes up and down the stairs and going to grab the drill, a smaller screw driver, etc. Plus it was amazing how much time he saved me by holding pieces up and helping to screw things in. Inevitably, I install something backwards or upside down and tonight was no exception, but it only happened once and we figured it out pretty quickly so it wasn't too bad.

The desk and printer stand are built, now tomorrow Trav will set up the new printer/scanner/copier, hang up some pictures and he will be in business. I will take some photos when it is done and post them here. I am just glad he now has a comfortable place to do his business; I think he is going to love it.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "It takes half your life before you discover life is a do-it-yourself project.” Napoleon Hill

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm......is that comment from Trav?

    I can't put anything together!! You and Amy are troopers!! The buying of millions of printers we are all too familiar with. We now have a huge printer, faxer, scanner, copier ....it took us about four trial and error attempts to get it figured out. We do the same thing with computers. They just don't last!! Only my MAC lasts!! Sounds like you guys have come up with a great set up for Trav! Looking forward to seeing the finish product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete